Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable pfe0 in linux on S32G

Jump to solution
walt83
Contributor I

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup ethernet communication with S32G PFE0 and a Realtek Phy (RTL9010AA) which is connected via RGMII.

PFE Firmware 0.9.4 gets recognized by u-boot and PFE_MAC_0 gets enabled. But during kernel startup there is nothing recognized or configured in pfeng and i dont see pfe adapters with ifconfig.

PFE Firmware is flashed on an eMMC. BSP29 is used.

Is there something specifc to be configured in the kernel? Where can i start to analyze?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
andrei_skok
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There are some steps need to check:

1. Ensure hardware connection is correct.

2. Check pfe0 pinctrl(mii, mdio) and clock configuration in U-boot and Linux device tree.

2. "phy-mode", "phy-handle" and phy address should be set correctly in Linux device tree.

3.  "RTL9010AA" driver should be enable via menuconfig.

menuconfig->Device Drivers-> PHY Device support and infrastructure -> Drivers for Realtek PHYs

4. Rebuild the image

5. Boot up the board and set "pfeng_mode" by "setenv pfeng_mode enable,rgmii,none,none"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
andrei_skok
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There are some steps need to check:

1. Ensure hardware connection is correct.

2. Check pfe0 pinctrl(mii, mdio) and clock configuration in U-boot and Linux device tree.

2. "phy-mode", "phy-handle" and phy address should be set correctly in Linux device tree.

3.  "RTL9010AA" driver should be enable via menuconfig.

menuconfig->Device Drivers-> PHY Device support and infrastructure -> Drivers for Realtek PHYs

4. Rebuild the image

5. Boot up the board and set "pfeng_mode" by "setenv pfeng_mode enable,rgmii,none,none"

0 Kudos