Description Failed to pass macros when tools compiled mkimage

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description Failed to pass macros when tools compiled mkimage

shiyiheng
Contributor I

In my previous version of BSP31, I passed a macro definition like CONFIG_TARGET_S32G399A_SL to s32genimgae.c in the tools directory to determine the migration address of the app depending on the project. But I found that I upgraded to BSP34 and later such macro definers are not recognized when generating mkimages, what is the reason?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Overall, the reason is related to BSP31.0 and BSP34.0 differences. There was a big change from BSP31.0 to BSP34.0 and several commands and macros were modified from version to version.

We can recommend reading the BSP34.0 User Manual for more information on regards of the available features and how to use them.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

shiyiheng
Contributor I

Thank you very much for your answer!
I understand that BSP31 and BSP34 have made very big changes. I have compared the changes in BSP31 and BSP34 based on the uboot 2020 baseline source code, but I can't find any changes that cause CONFIG_* related definitions not to be recognized by the c file in tools. I also checked the BSP34.0 User Manual, but couldn't find the description

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Overall, given that both BSP's are different one from the other, we do expect the behavior you are seeing.

Also, looking into the source files available under the tools directory for uboot, we are not able to find the source file you are mentioning (s32genimgae.c), which could be another difference.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos