cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compile S32g3 M7 code using toolchain in Linux

Jump to solution
psalian-j-dev
Contributor I

Hello, I am trying to cross compile code for S32G3 m7 core using a toolchain. I used to do this via S32 design studio but right now trying to do this on a linux machine on a command line. Is there a document I can follow to get this started ? Like how do I supply the linker file. Where do I get the toolchain from ? Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

As for steps on how to compile an S32G3 M7 core application without S32DS, you should be able to follow the steps shown under the EB tresos examples provided under the RTD's. These examples provide a Makefile which should be configured to link to the correct toolchain as well as the linker files that are required. i.e. you should be able to find the blink example under the following path:

"C:\nxp\S32DS.3.5\S32DS\software\PlatformSDK_S32XX_4_0_0\RTD\Dio_TS_T40D11M40I0R0\examples\EBT\S32G3\Dio_ToggleLed_S32G399A_M7"

In here, aside from generating the EB Tresos configurations correctly, you need to modify the "project_parameters.mk" file to have the correct PATHs. More information should be provided under the "readme.txt" file under the same path.

The path could vary depending on which versions you have installed. Aside from this, we are not seeing any specific step by step guide on how to enable your workspace for S32G3 M7 compilation. We do apologize.

Please, let us know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
psalian-j-dev
Contributor I

Thanks a lot Daniel for the reply ! I'll give that a try meanwhile do we have a link where I can download the toolchains for S32G399 ?

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

For S32G3, the RTD packages should be available under the "Automotive Software Package Manager":

DanielAguirre_0-1700251269273.png

Which is available under the S32G3 product page (link: S32G3 Safe and Secure Vehicle Network Processor | NXP Semiconductors). There you should be able to create the bundle with the packages you want to use. The RTD's are the first recommended package on regards of M7 development, since all other packages are added as plugins to the RTD. We recommend selecting the following options:

DanielAguirre_1-1700251385886.png

Then click the following button down on the same page:

DanielAguirre_2-1700251405653.png

Since the bundle will require approval from the NXP related team, the bundle could take up-to 48 hours to be available. You should receive an email when this happens. If not, then let us know for us to see the follow up.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

As for steps on how to compile an S32G3 M7 core application without S32DS, you should be able to follow the steps shown under the EB tresos examples provided under the RTD's. These examples provide a Makefile which should be configured to link to the correct toolchain as well as the linker files that are required. i.e. you should be able to find the blink example under the following path:

"C:\nxp\S32DS.3.5\S32DS\software\PlatformSDK_S32XX_4_0_0\RTD\Dio_TS_T40D11M40I0R0\examples\EBT\S32G3\Dio_ToggleLed_S32G399A_M7"

In here, aside from generating the EB Tresos configurations correctly, you need to modify the "project_parameters.mk" file to have the correct PATHs. More information should be provided under the "readme.txt" file under the same path.

The path could vary depending on which versions you have installed. Aside from this, we are not seeing any specific step by step guide on how to enable your workspace for S32G3 M7 compilation. We do apologize.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos