cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can ping a new RDB3 board ethernet port on 192.168.0.200 by default

psalian-j-dev
Contributor I

Hello, 

I was testing the lwip example for S32G3 M7 core on a new RDB3 board. 

Question 1: 

" The Ethernet cable must be connected between the RGMII port (J108) of the board and the Ethernet port of the PC." this is from the description.txt of the Project, which one is the J108 port on the RDB3 kit. I looked at the schematic design I could find J180 but not J108. I have attached an image below where I can ping 192.168.0.200 from Windows machine and the ping goes through all the 3 ports circled with yellow marker.

Queston 2: 

Next I flashed the RDB3 M7 with all the initialization code commented in the main.c (attached  the project) I was expecting I shouldn't be able to ping  but I could still ping 192.168.0.200 from Windows machine

I am using NOR flash to boot the M7 (SW10 switch 1 on) . Is there a linux image by default flashed on to new RDB3 ?  How can I still ping all the 3 ports circled in yellow in the image below, if I commented the init code. Is it possible the previous image wasn't erased? I flash using Flash option in the IVT tool

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We apologize for the delay. Can you let us know which S32DS/RTD/TCPIP package version you are using?

As for the questions, below will be some comments on them:

Q1 >> I looked at the schematic design I could find J180 but not J108. I have attached an image below where I can ping 192.168.0.200 from Windows machine and the ping goes through all the 3 ports circled with yellow marker.

A1 >> The instructions provided under the "description.txt" file inside the project refer to a different board (EVB) as shown under the "Prerequisites" section:

DanielAguirre_0-1705000737743.png

Hence, the ports might not be numbered in the same manner as RDB3. As for the GMAC0 port, should be the one shown under the Ethernet Enablement Guide:

DanielAguirre_1-1705000983865.png

This guide is available under the RDB3 product page (link: S32G3 Vehicle Networking Reference Design | NXP Semiconductors), inside the "Documentation" section:

DanielAguirre_2-1705001167793.png

As for why the 3 ports you are showing might respond to a ping, it might be related to those 3 ports being controlled by the SJA1110.

Q2 >> Next I flashed the RDB3 M7 with all the initialization code commented in the main.c (attached  the project) I was expecting I shouldn't be able to ping  but I could still ping 192.168.0.200 from Windows machine

A2 >> Are you using the same 3 ports? If so, could be related to it. You should be using the port shown on the above image, related to GMAC0, not to SJA1110.

Again, we apologize for the delay.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos