Did you mean: 

Boot from emmc with bootloader in QSPIFlash failed

Innocent0
Contributor I

Hi, 

I'm using S32G274ARDB2 board.

I have tried to boot through below flow successfully:

1. Directly boot from sd card.

2. Directly boot from emmc. (The firmware is exactly same as which in sd card)

3. Boot from qflash bootloader then jump into sd card.  (Follow the document AN13750, bootloader is built from NXP\Integration_Reference_Examples_S32G2_2022_06\code\framework\realtime\swc\bootloader\platforms\S32G2XX\build\launch.bat)

However, when I try to :

4. Boot from qflash bootloader then jump into emmc. (In this scene, I also tried the 1,2,3 above, they worked. The only change is to switch SW3 to emmc.)

It failed and there is not any print on UART0 debug console, also the application in M7 has not been reached (confirmed by LED on the board). It seems that the boot was being stuck in M7 bootloader.

I prefer maybe there is some problem in bootloader? Do you have any idea about this problem?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Could you help us elaborate on which BSP version are you using? Since you are using AN13750, we assume you are using the same BSP and modifications that are being told there, but we would like confirmation on this.

Also, you are using the provided bootloader on the Platform package from NXP, have you tried using the "fip.bin" with the IVT to boot from QSPI and jumping to eMMC? Not using the bootloader on the "Application Bootloader" section under the IVT, but the "fip.bin" as if it was the bootloader. Does it work? 

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Innocent0
Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for reply.

First, I did use the fip.bin which built from BSP33 follow the step on AN13750.

Second, I also used the bl_blob.bin which include IVT, DCD and Application Bootloader (without HSE).

Fortunately, it works now. The only thing I did is disable sdhc module in bootloader:

Unable the MemDal and Eep module in bootloader EB project, comment the line of sdhc building in launch.bat. 

I wonder why does this change worked? If I use SD card, I don't have to do that and it is ok.

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Good to hear you got it working.

It seems MemDal module is related to SDHC interface, and SDHC stack is related to the SD protocol, which do have different initialization procedure.

Given that SD and eMMC have some differences, both should not be treated as equals. Still, seems a hole that is not covered under AN13750, we will provide this information to the related team, to understand why this bundle (QSPI + eMMC) is not described, given there seems to be differences on the configuration.

Please, let us know.