Did you mean: 

BL2 load BL33 faild

Quentin2022
Contributor III

Hi:

NOTICE: Reset status: Power-On Reset
NOTICE: BL2: v2.5(release):0dea2a98c-dirty
NOTICE: BL2: Built : 08:17:51, Jun 14 2023
Warning: Instruction at BL33_ENTRYPOINT (0xffaa0000) is 0x0, which is not a B or BL!
Error: Instruction at BL33_DTB(0xffa99000) is 0x0, which is not the expected 0xedfe0dd0!
ERROR: BL2: Failure in post image load handling (-22)

Sometimes I recompile my FIP, and when I update my fip.bin to Norflash, but the fip.s32 in EMMC is not updated, the above problem will occur. it is necessary to flash fip.s32 in EMMC into an image compiled together with fip.bin.But sometimes it can be started without an update.

I looked at the ATF related code and found that it was going to BL33_ ENTRYPOINT reads data and compares it with a value, but BL33_ BASE, I haven't made any changes. Why is this happening?

Can you help me explain my doubts?

0 Kudos
9 Replies

nkv2
Contributor II

Hello,

We had the similar issue with warning in ATF BL2 that BL31 entry point is not correct. Before that issue coming up, our sequence was M7 Bootloader will start the A53, and then fip.bin will be copied in to the SRAM by M7 Boot. For this step we enabled the paramter "m7boot" as Distro append feature. This variable adds offset 0x2000 to the fip_qspi_offset  and the value was 0x2440. Later we removed the "m7boot" distro feature from the local.conf file as we tried to Flash the Fip.s32-qspi file and start A53 directly. But still subsequent booting of the ATF failed with the same warning as mentioned above and u-boot was not starting. Then later while analysing we found that the offset 0x2000 was still added to the fip_qspi_offset even though we removed it.  After deleting build folder, cleaning the atf and u-boot packages and then bitbaking the atf gave the correct offset values as 0x440. Then the Aft booted u-boot successfully without the warning as above. 

I am not convinced that m7boot distro feature has been tested properly, as we see there is very little information about it in the user manual of BSP38

Best Regards

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We understand that you are recompiling ATF related files. If so, the recommendation is to replace both fip.bin and fip.s32 files, if the binary is to be used. If you are booting directly from the SD card, then you could only replace the fip.s32 file, since the fip.bin file is not being used.

If you replace both files, do you get the same outcome?

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Quentin2022
Contributor III

Hi

sorry,I don't understand what you mean.

I am using the M core to start the A core.In this startup mode, the fip.bin file of the A core needs to be burned into the norflash with the bootloader image of the M core, and burn the fip.s32 file of Core A to EMMC.

My problem is that sometimes I recompile A-core uboot and atf, and then update fip.bin to norflash, but the fip.s32 file in EMMC is not updated,the problem I mentioned will occur, If I synchronously update fip.s32 in EMMC to the image build together with fip.bin, this problem will not occur.

But sometimes I only update fip.bin to norflash, and without updating fip.s32 to emmc, the above issues also will not occur.So I don't quite understand because I haven't changed BL33_ENTRYPOINT address why verify faild.

my bsp version is bsp32.

0 Kudos

yellapu_anishkh
Contributor IV
Hi Quentin2022,
Are you able to start A-core fip.bin from M-core(bootloader) ?
Thanks in advance
0 Kudos

Quentin2022
Contributor III
Sorry for the late reply.
now, i can start A core form m-core
0 Kudos

yellapu_anishkh
Contributor IV

Hi Quentin2022,

Nice to hear, i am able to start A core from M-core with one fragment. when included can-gw project it is not building properly. So intended to use the default binary first. Could you help me with "load image address" and "reset handler address".

Thank You,
Anish

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We understand that by burning fip.s32 and fip.bin you do not get the behavior you are seeing. This is the correct way of doing it.

As for why sometimes it happens and why sometimes it does not, it can be related to the structure of the program, could be that sometimes it remains the same as the previous one, and sometimes it changes.

Still, the recommended way is to burn both fip.s32 and fip.bin.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

yellapu_anishkh
Contributor IV

Hi Daniel,

Similar issue, i am also facing.

fip.s32 image is working standalone.

inorder to boot from integration reference example. Modified BL2_BASE in goldvip binary, inorder to avoid conflict with M7 bootloader.

strangely during boot, it is failing as below.

NOTICE:  Reset status: Power-On Reset

NOTICE:  BL2: v2.5(release):bsp35.0-2.5-dirty

NOTICE:  BL2: Built : 13:21:28, Nov 29 2022

Warning: Instruction at BL33_ENTRYPOINT (0xffaa0000) is 0x0, which is not a B or   BL!                                                                                                                                                            NOTICE:  BL2: Booting BL31

0 Kudos

Simon_Li
Contributor I
Hello, is this problem solved? How to solve it? Thanks!
0 Kudos