cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32 DS for ARM compile error.

Jump to solution
kbj
Contributor IV

To test the S32144 EVB, Through S32DS, I generated code.
I used pwm_pal1 components  and compile the code.
But following error is occured.
"SDK/platform/pal/pwm/inc/pwm_pal.h:150:28: error: unknown type name 'pwm_instance_t'"
It is the reason that CPU_S32K144HFT0VLLT or CPU_S32K144LFT0MLLT is not defined.

How to resolve this error?

1 Solution
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

finally I got it - thanks for report. There are two very same header defines for spi_pal and pwm_pal and - #define PAL_mapping_H 

When PAL_mapping_H is defined by pwm_pal - spi_pal_mapping is disabled and vice versa. I'll create ticket for SDK team. 

The SPI functions in pwm_pal is known issue. It is fixed in S32SDK_S32K14x_BETA_1.9.0

As workaround change In spi_pal_mapping.h file  PAL_mapping_H define to: 

#ifndef SPI_PAL_mapping_H
#define SPI_PAL_mapping_H

Don't forget that by re-generating PE code will be the change rewritten by Processor Expert. The #define issue is also fixed in S32SDK_S32K14x_BETA_1.9.0

Hope it helps. 

Jiri

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

unfortunately - I can't reproduce your issue. Did you include

#include "pwm_pal1.h"
#include "pwm_pal_mapping.h"

Headers? the pwm_instance_t is defined in pwm_pal_mapping.h - including the instance enums.  

Jiri

0 Kudos
kbj
Contributor IV

Dear Jiri,

To reproduce, The spi component and the pwm component should be added and then recompiled.
As a result of my checking, adding pwm or spi component alone does not reproduce it.
It is also strange that the api of the pwm_pal component is the same as the api of the spi component.
Refer to "3.PNG"
Best regards,
Byungju.
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

finally I got it - thanks for report. There are two very same header defines for spi_pal and pwm_pal and - #define PAL_mapping_H 

When PAL_mapping_H is defined by pwm_pal - spi_pal_mapping is disabled and vice versa. I'll create ticket for SDK team. 

The SPI functions in pwm_pal is known issue. It is fixed in S32SDK_S32K14x_BETA_1.9.0

As workaround change In spi_pal_mapping.h file  PAL_mapping_H define to: 

#ifndef SPI_PAL_mapping_H
#define SPI_PAL_mapping_H

Don't forget that by re-generating PE code will be the change rewritten by Processor Expert. The #define issue is also fixed in S32SDK_S32K14x_BETA_1.9.0

Hope it helps. 

Jiri

kbj
Contributor IV

Hi,

Thanks to that, I am able to solve the problem.

Byungju.

0 Kudos
kbj
Contributor IV

Hi,

No projects are currently in progress.
I plan to use S32K144 in future projects, so I purchased the S32K144 EVB board and will implement the functions using S32 Design Studio.

Byungju.

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

can you please share your project? Thanks. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos