Linker section name acmem_43_INFLS_code_rom violates name convention used in the .map file

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linker section name acmem_43_INFLS_code_rom violates name convention used in the .map file

M_SCH
Contributor II

Hello,

I am migrating an existing project that depended on a previous version of the RTD (AR: 4.4.0, SW: 1.0.0) to the current version (AR: 4.7.0, SW: 2.0.0).

Since I cannot share the project I have attached an example project, which faces the same issue. 

I have added the Mem_43_INFLS driver and since then encounter a linker error

s32ds.3.5/s32ds/build_tools/gcc_v10.2/gcc-10.2-arm32-eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.2.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/real-ld.exe: section .acmem_43_infls_code_rom LMA [0000b848,0000b867] overlaps section .sram_data LMA [0000b848,0000b977]

claiming that the defined sections inside the linker script overlap. I have then examined the linker script (linker_flash_s32k148.ld) at line 83 where the section name acmem_43_INFLS_code_rom is defined.

acfls_code_rom_start = .;
. = ALIGN(0x4);
*(.acfls_code_rom)
. = ALIGN(4);
*(.acmem_43_INFLS_code_rom)
. = ALIGN(4);
acfls_code_rom_end = .;

If you study the error message again you see that the section reffered to here is acmem_43_infls_code_rom (all lower case letters) and the FreeRTOS_Toggle_Led_Example_S32K148.map file then states acmem_43_infls_code_rom and acmem_43_INFLS_code_rom sections.

Then I changed the linker script line 83 to

*(.acmem_43_infls_code_rom)

and executed the build process again and everything was fine.

Can you confirm this is a linker section name convention violation and that the proposed lower case letter approach is the right fix.

Best regards,

M_SCH

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies