Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

<command-line>:0:5: warning: ISO C99 requires whitespace after the macro name

Luffy_D
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,
I am getting the below warning while building a project on Design Studio.
"<command-line>:0:5: warning: ISO C99 requires whitespace after the macro name".
This does not affect the build process, since its getting completed, however was curious what this issue is? 

I am not able to figure out in which line of makefile is this issue coming from?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Luffy_D
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I was able to figure out why I am getting this issue. The issue was in my make command I had an additional space/character which was not needed. I removed it and the issue went away. 

Luffy_D_2-1689878004301.png

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Which S32DS version are you using? Also, from which platform are you compiling? Is this from a provided example?

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Luffy_D
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
I am getting this error on both S32DS 3.4 and 3.5 version.

I have a custom makefile which I run using Design studio custom build process. I am using GCC version 6.3 eARMv7 gae59959.
0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

For which platform are you creating this custom makefile? Under the provided examples for the platform of use, you should be able to change from C90 to C99, is the warning also happens in there?

Please, let us know.

Luffy_D
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We have a makefile which we used to run via command prompt. I ported it to run on design studio by updating builder settings and Behavior under c/c++ build.  I can show you the issue on teams if you want to sync there. 

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

You say you have run this makefile through the command prompt, are you referring to the command based S32DS?

Also, we have not known the platform you are working with.

As for meeting, help us opening a ticket, to review the request.

For opening a ticket, you should be able to follow the steps shown below:

Click the "My NXP Account" under the NXP main page (link: Automotive, IoT & Industrial Solutions | NXP Semiconductors

DanielAguirre_0-1689281634446.png

Then select the "Other > My Support Tickets" option and you should be redirected to the site for creating tickets:

DanielAguirre_1-1689281634432.png

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos