cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to let S32DS relink target without clean whole project if lib is updated

wesleyxie
Contributor III

Hi, 

please see below screenshot, my project include some sub libraries, such as libfmc_sm.a, libfmc_misc.a, I added them in the linker settings.

I changed something in libfmc_sm.a, and build, the target file was updated, but when I build my top project, S32DS didn't realize that this lib file is updated, and didn't relink the target actually.

I have to changed something in top project, fox instance, click the space and save, or clean the project, then build the project, the target would relink this time.

can S32DS detect whether the lib is updated, and relink the target automatically when I build project ?

or is there a "synchronize modification dates" function like CodeWarrior, so that I can tell the S32DS to detect the updating ?

QQ截图20180121163130.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Wesley,

Please have a look here:HOWTO: Add a static library file into S32DS GCC project 

section: "Adding a static library WITH dependency to executable (elf) file"

hope it helps.

Stan

0 Kudos

wesleyxie
Contributor III

hi Stan,

thanks, I read the HOWTO link, and it works for S32DS elf project.

but what about a library project which include some sub libraries, there is not a linker option entry for a library project.

how can I let the S32DS to re-archive all the sub libraries if one of them updated ?

/WX

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm afraid that currently there is no way how to add such a dependency into a library project.

Anyway this is an interesting feature that I communicated with the engineering team.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Stan

0 Kudos

wesleyxie
Contributor III

Hi, stan

FYI.

as a workaround for library project, I added a "rm" command to remove the lib target in the "Pre-build steps" form under "C/C++ Build"/"Settings"/"Build Steps".

so that lib target could be generated each time when I click build.

/WX

0 Kudos