cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32R45 RsdkRfeCalibration() ERROR

kj0126
Contributor II

Hi,

I am developing 4 chip radar board that has a S32R45 as MCU and 4 TEF82xx as transceiver devices.
I am trying to turn on all 12 TXs of all 4 devices.
RsdkRfeInit() and RsdkRfeFrameConfig() are running well and I set parameters of the funtions properly.
But there is an runtime error when running "RsdkRfeCalibration(0);" RSDK API function before RsdkRfeFrameStart(0), returning error code "RSDK_TEF82XX_TX1_TX2_TX3_CAL_ERROR".
Therefore I did so many tests while changing what TX channels are turning on.
Whenever I turn on all 3 TXs of 3rd device(rfeId = 2) or all 3 TXs of 4th device(rfeId = 3), it has the same error code.
But when I turn on 2 or less TXs of 3rd/4th device, it did not make error. it works.
also when I turn on all 3 TXs of 1st(master) device(rfeId = 0) or 2nd device(rfeId = 1), it works.

So, I find out where it makes an error in RSDK version 1.1.0.
When debugging in Tef82XXCalibrationES2txCalibration() function at S32R45_RSDK__1.1.0\RFE_abstract\RFE_driver\src\tef82xx,
"errCode = BC_TX_CalibrateTXRF(e_SYS_TXMC, &enableTxRfCalibration, pStoreInProfile, readCalibStatus, TxRfCalCheckTimeOutUs, profId, reduceTransmisionForVGACalib);"
the above code line returned error code "RSDK_TEF82XX_TX1_TX2_TX3_CAL_ERROR".
As I stepped into "Tef82XXCalibrationTxCheck(e_SYS_TX1, errCode);" the next line, "txCalibrationStatus.PoutCal" was e_ISM_CAL_ERROR and Other calibration status flags were e_ISM_CAL_SUCCESS.

In Tef82XXCalibrationES2txCalibration() RSDK function,
Only when turnning all 3 TXs of a device, it executes BC_TX_CalibrateTXRF(e_SYS_TXMC, ..) but when 2 or less TXs is turnning on, it runs BC_TX_CalibrateTXRF(e_SYS_TX#, ..). (# = 1, 2, 3)
That's why I had an error. 3rd and 4th devices make an error whenever running BC_TX_CalibrateTXRF(e_SYS_TXMC, ..) but BC_TX_CalibrateTXRF(e_SYS_TX#, ..) is OK.

Besides, I tryed to running on RSDK version 1.1.1.
There are differences in my error part of Tef82XXCalibrationES2txCalibration() funtion.
This RSDK version does not check wheather all 3 TX is on or not.
It just executes BC_TX_CalibrateTXRF(e_SYS_TXMC, ..) not executes BC_TX_CalibrateTXRF(e_SYS_TX#, ..).
So, although I turn on 1 TX of 3rd or 4th device, I does not work.

Questions:
1. Why 3rd and 4th devices make an "PoutCal" error whenever running BC_TX_CalibrateTXRF(e_SYS_TXMC, ..)?
2. How I could use all 12 TXs of all 4 devices?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Considering this post same as:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio/S32R45-ddmaInitPhase-Error/td-p/1806362

So I will continue with only 1 thread.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Please see the feedback:

Are you using a custom board?

Can you share the MMIC configuration? specifically the rsdkRfeChirpShape values.

I would also experiment with the values of the txChannelPower, acqBandwidth and centerFrequency.

Please share that and I can also ask to the TEF82XX team to see possible reasons of that calibration warning.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

kj0126
Contributor II
Yes, I'm using a custom board.

rsdkRfeChirpShape values:
  • NR_FRONTENDS: 4
  • SAMPLING_FREQ: 40000 (kSps)
  • SAMPLES_PER_CHIRP: 704
  • CHIRPS_PER_FRAME: 257
  • CHIRP_SHAPES: 1
Chirp Shape:
  • T_START: 1000 (ns)
  • T_PRE_SAMPLING: 2000 (ns)
  • T_POST_SAMPLING: 50 (ns)
  • T_RETURN: 1000 (ns)
  • CENTER_FREQUENCY: 77000 (MHz)
  • ACQ_BANDWIDTH: 510 (MHz)
  • CHIRPS_SLOPE_DIRECTION: 1
  • TX_CHAN_ENABLE: 7 for each device
  • TX_CH_POWER: 10 (dBm) for all TX
  • RX_CH_GAIN: 6 (dB) for all RX

And, I had changed txChannelPower to different values but it also doesn't work.

Thanks your reply
0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I was talking with RADAR expert. They will post answer, once available.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos