cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32Design Studio Error when adding Flexio_Uart driver

christofhaiding
Contributor IV

Hi!

I am trying to add the driver "Flexio_Uart" to a FreeRtos Projekt.

But everytime I am adding the driver via the SDK Components 

christofhaiding_0-1645634996123.png

I get the following error:

christofhaiding_1-1645635107180.png

Which results in a total mess up of my whole project.

christofhaiding_2-1645635181280.png

After unchecking the Flexio_Uart driver again, everything goes back to normal.

Here is the configuration of all installed packages:

christofhaiding_3-1645635297454.png

Adding the normal "Lpuart_Uart" does not evoke this error.

Regards

Christof

0 Kudos
9 Replies

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Christof,

Your issue has been reproduced on our side. I have created an internal ticket for the RTD team. I will share any solution or workaround once it is provided.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

christofhaiding
Contributor IV

Hello Mike!

Thanks for the answer.
I will wait for the answer.

Regards

Christof

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Christof,

I have received the answer. This issue was already discovered and resolved. The new release published this week S32K1 Real-Time Drivers Version 1.0.1 contains a fix for this. Unfortunately, an update to the package for S32 Design Studio was not released. This is in process and will be published some time later. In the mean time, they suggest to workaround the issue by adding Lpuart_Ip or Uart HLD component when using Flexio_Uart_Ip component in configuration.

Hope that helps,

Mike

0 Kudos

christofhaiding
Contributor IV

Hello Mike!

I downloaded the new RTD Version and installed it.

But somehow i have a hard time inluding it into the Design Studio.
The release note include the updating process but somehow neither of the both steps mentioned is working:

christofhaiding_0-1646035955850.png

As you said the Desgin Studio package is not released yet.
But the second Way also doesn't work somehow.

When adding the update site i only can select the two jar files in the installation folder of the RTD, but selecting one of then doesn't work either.

Can you give me a hint, what i can do to make it work?

Regards

Christof

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Christof,

The updated RTD package for S32K1 for S32 Design Studio now appears in the S32DS Extensions and Updates menu. See below:

image.png

I'm not sure why it doesn't also appear on the download site, but you should be able to take it from here and resolve your issue.

Also note, it will appear as a new item in the list, not as a replacement for the original 1.0.0 package. Usually we try to add them so they replace the original one in the list, but it was not the case this time.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

christofhaiding
Contributor IV

Hi Mike!

Thanks for the Information.

But I have one additional question.

Will the current RTD be switched to the new RTD or must I do this manually?

Regards

Christof

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christof,

The new RTD will be added to your installation of S32 Design Studio. This means it will be available to select when creating a new project. Any existing projects will not be updated until you update them.

If you wish to migrate an existing project, though we do not have a migration tool setup for this case, it should be fairly easy to do it manually as this is a minor update version. It should work to detach the current RTD and then attach the new RTD from within the SDK Manager tool. You can locate this by right-click on the project name from Project Explorer and selecting the 'SDK' option from the menu.

After the SDK migration is done, it may be necessary to update the S32 Configuration Tools configuration file. It appears as a .MEX file in the Project Explorer. You can modify it similarly to what is shown starting at step 17 in HOWTO: Migrate S32K1xx SDK project from SDK v4.0.1 to v4.0.2. While unlikely, if any changes were made to the available configuration settings in the RTD, then you may see some errors, an example of this is shown in the HOWTO. Often the errors are easy to resolve by completing the new fields.

Hope that helps,

Mike

0 Kudos

christofhaiding
Contributor IV

HI!

Thanks  I will try.

Regards

Christof

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Christof,

Unfortunately, without the actual package for S32 Design Studio, you cannot successfully integrate the RTD. The standalone version of the 1.0.1 update, which is the version you downloaded as it is currently the only one of the 2 that is available for download, is missing critical files which are needed for the integration with S32 Design Studio.

I have requested from the RTD team when this package would be published. I will update you with the reply.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos