S32DS, MPC5775K merge .elf files?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS, MPC5775K merge .elf files?

joeshidle
Contributor II

In S32DS for the MPC5775K, three separate projects are created, one for each core (foo_Z4_1, foo_Z7_2, foo_Z7_3). When the workspace is built, three separate .elf files are generated, one for each project (foo_Z4_1.elf, foo_Z7_2.elf, foo_Z7_3.elf). This is all fine, and I can download and debug on our test board. 

We also have the P&E Micro PROGPPCNEXUS utility which will erase and program .elf files to the MPC5775K.  However, it will only accept a single .elf file.

I was wondering if there were built-in tools within S32DS to automatically merge the three project .elf files into a single .elf for use with the PROGPPCNEXUS tool, or if that was something we'd have to do on our own.  E.g. "foo.elf" from the three "foo_XY_Z.elf" files.  I didn't see anything immediately obvious in the documentation nor help for S32DS.

Thanks in advance,

Joe Shidle

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joe,

There is no switch (or tool) in S32DS, which could be used for generating one .elf file or more .elf files. Creating one or more .elf files is mostly dependent on linker file.

But you can create new project and modify it on your own. Please look at the project in the attachment. It is simple example project which shows, how to modify necessary files. Example is created for MPC5748G, but it is usable for all MPC57xx family devices (with small changes). You can also find this file in S32DS(version 1.1) installation folder.

Regards,

Martin

liuyang201666
Contributor II

Hi  Martin

I using the code SingleElf_MPC5748G.zip, which work well in debug mode. But I don't know that how to flash this one elf  file to DEVKIT-MPC5748G and made the 3 cores running.

Regards

LiuYang

0 Kudos