Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS : Library adding in project in debug mode

Seb95
Contributor I

Hello,

I work on IDE S32 Design Studio

I created a library with the S32DS wizard, and I defined/configured the same environment in release and debug modes than the project where this library will be called.

In my project, I add the library, in release mode (library compiled in release mode),the compilation is OK, but when compile in debug mode (with library compiled indebug mode), I have this error :

c:|nxp|s32ds_arm_v2018.r1|cross_tools|gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_9|bin|..|lib|gcc|arm-none-eabi|4.9.3|..|..|..|..|arm-none-eabi|bin|ld.exe: error: ProjectTest.elf uses VFP register arguments, C:|Workspace|ProjectTest|Workspace|lib|libProject_SWDebug.a(mylibrary.o) does not
c:|nxp|s32ds_arm_v2018.r1|cross_tools|gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_9|bin|..|lib|gcc|arm-none-eabi|4.9.3|..|..|..|..|arm-none-eabi|bin|ld.exe: failed to merge target specific data of file C:|Workspace|ProjectTest|Workspace|lib|libProject_SWDebug.a(mylibrary.o)
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [makefile:117: ProjectTest.elf] Error 1

I do not understand where the error comes from, because I checked and checked again the configuration between both projects, and for me,everything is ok.

In debug mode, shall add other file than library.a file ?

Thanks by advance

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Seb95
Contributor I

Hello,

both projects have the same float point configuration in debug and release mode

Capture.PNG

thanks

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

it is possible share your test project and library project? 

0 Kudos

Seb95
Contributor I

Hello,

I can share my library project but not my project, but tell me what you need about project's configuration and I will give you

Have a nice day

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

both projects - library and main project must have the same Float point configuration. Please check the projects properties. 

0 Kudos