Reset escalation error when flashing MPC5777M

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset escalation error when flashing MPC5777M

thomasolenik
Contributor III

I'm flashing an MPC5777M on on own board design for the first time and seeing the pop up window below each time.

141425_141425.PNGresetEscalation.PNG

Is this a sign that I have something wrong on the board or another issue? I'm seeing this after entering debug from S32 Design Studio. I'm using a PE Multilink Universal to interface. Once I cycle power it SEEMS to finish flashing, but then I get another error shown below. I'm not sure if the issues are related or separate.

141426_141426.PNGno source.PNG

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thomas,

Could you possibly try to add a delay after reset into your main core debug configuration:

S32DS_Power_Add_Connection_Delay.png

Stan

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thomas,

if you use MPC5777C EVB at first check LED D2. If the LED is off, then micro is not in escalation reset and there is a problem with S32DS (this option is most probable).

Second step is exit S32DS and switch to the Windows task manager and kill processes s32de.exe and power-pc-eabivle-gdb.exe. Try again to connect to the micro.

If the steps above will not fix the issue, please write me back and clarify me these points:

1) Cut of the micro

2) Did you create single or multi core project?

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

thomasolenik
Contributor III

Hi Martin,

I am not using an evaluation board. This is a simple breakout board of my own design as a first prototype for a university capstone project. It's not my first board design, but it is entirely possible I did something wrong with the board design such as not supplying enough current..... I'm currently supplying 200 mA each on the 1.3V and 3.3V supplies and up to 1.5A on the 5V. I'm using a 40 MHz crystal oscillator.

I am actually trying to enter debug from within S32DS. However, I shut those processes down, restarted S32DS and tried again. I even added a 250 ms delay into the debug settings just as Stanislav suggested. I see the same error. Below is what my debug settings look like.

MPC5777MDebug.PNG

Below is the micro info from the NXP invoice:

MPC5777M_PN.PNG

I am trying to use multi-core and I am doing all my cpu configuration on the z4 peripheral core before starting the other cores.

After taking the screen shot of the debug settings, I noticed that the port was not showing up. This persisted even if I clicked Refresh. I saw the driver load when I plugged in the USB Multilink and confirmed it was recognized in my device manager as shown below. Maybe this could be part of the problem?

USBmultiLInkDriver.PNG

Thanks,

Tom Olenk

0 Kudos

thomasolenik
Contributor III

BTW, I am correctly seeing the port now in the debug settings.

MPC5777MDebug2.PNG

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thomas,

I have an idea. Try to download new PE Micro drivers from their website and update you debugger. Then try to connect once more.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

thomasolenik
Contributor III

Martin,

I have updated drivers for PE Micro. Results below.

firmwareUpdaterUtility940.PNG

I have also added an external power supply to the 1.3V bus to rule out power issues.

After adding the external power I seem to be getting the reset escalation error less often, but I seem to be getting several different other errors seemingly random. I've included screen shots of the errors I'm getting. Sometimes they occur and sometimes they don't. I am pretty sure I have not been able to actually get my program to run at all. I thought I was starting off simple by just setting up a single pad, T15, to toggle. The associated SIUL register never changes from default even though I have the line:

SIUL2_MSCR_IO_288 = 0x12380000;/* Set PT15 to GPIO */

I'd appreciate any help in getting pointed in the right direction.

ErrorinFinalLaunchSequence.PNG

ResetScriptFileLostComs.PNG

TargetMachineRefused.PNG

no source.PNG

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thomas,

I am starting to be little bit helpless. I have consulted this issue with my colleague and it seems it could be some hardware problem. Because we do not have your hardware, we are not able to replicate the issue to investigate it deeper. Are you able to use NXP EVB? Do you have any other debugger (for example Lauterbach)? This could exclude or confirm hardware problem.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos