cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Autosar baremetal drivers for S32K342

devendradevgupta
Contributor I

Dear NXP Experts

We are in the process of making a new safety product for which we have chosen NXP S32K342 platform.

I downloaded S32 design studio along with the real time driver extension. I want to use the configuration tool to generate code, but looks like there is no exact manual provided to support the configuration tool, the manual provided refers to eb tresos. 

We do not need to be compliant with AUTOSAR as our goal is to comply to IEC-61508. Is there any standalone baremetal driver generator tool or library available for S32K342?

Another point is, on nxp website it mentions following 

• Includes support for EB tresos Studio (AUTOSAR) and S32CT (non-AUTOSAR) configurators
  • Includes support for baremetal, Autosar OS and FreeRTOS applications

Does S32 configuration tool generates non-AUTOSAR code? Because for example for Fls configuration I only see AUTOSAR Mode option available in the Mode field. 

Is it possible to generate baremetal code with the configuration tool as mentioned in the website, if yes how to generate?

Thanks and please let me know in case of any question. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

That is correct. The manual for the drivers is documented using EB Tresos, but Config Tools (the code generation tool provided under S32DS) share similarities with EB Tresos. Not all configurations could be under the same menu but are still present under Config Tools.

Baremetal drivers are not provided directly at this moment. This said, inside the "Base" plugin (i.e.  Base_TS_T40D34M20I0R0) under the "header" folder you should find the baremetal drivers for the different S32K3 variants. The path should be the following:

"C:\nxp\S32DS.3.4\S32DS\software\PlatformSDK_S32K3_2022_03\SW32K3_RTD_4_4_2_0_0_D2203\Base_TS_T40D34M20I0R0\header"

This all depends on which S32DS/RTD version you are using and were you installed S32DS.

As for non-AUTOSAR code, all examples that uses the "Ip" word in them (i.e. Siul2_Dio_Ip_Example_S32K344) are non-AUTOSAR.

DanielAguirre_0-1690999486450.pngDanielAguirre_1-1690999550817.png

As for baremetal code generation, this is already being done (since Config Tools uses the Base plugin), but they will be under higher abstraction layers. There is no direct generation of baremetal drivers, i.e. configure a pin and under the generated code see the registers being manipulated, it is all generated through structures that are passed to the lower layers. We do apologize.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

avinashstarkenn
Contributor II

Hello,

While building with Model Based Tool box also we get Autosar mode in Mode Field for S32CT.....

How to identify which example to choose?

0 Kudos