Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Hardware configuration for S32K34 in S32DS

Jump to solution
HemantK
Contributor III

Hello, 

We have two hardware board based on S32K3 and they have different CAN Pin settings. 

So I created one project with two different functional groups 'VS_0' and 'VS-1' but when I generate the code it includes both groups code and thus when I compile it, it gives linker error as follows: 

c:/nxp/s32ds.3.4/s32ds/build_tools/gcc_v10.2/gcc-10.2-arm32-eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.2.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/real-ld.exe: ./generate/src/FlexCAN_Ip_Sa_VS_1_PBcfg.o:C:\xbms\xbms_application\Application\Debug_FLASH/../generate/src/FlexCAN_Ip_Sa_VS_1_PBcfg.c:107: multiple definition of `FlexCAN_State0'; ./generate/src/FlexCAN_Ip_Sa_VS_0_PBcfg.o:C:\xbms\xbms_application\Application\Debug_FLASH/../generate/src/FlexCAN_Ip_Sa_VS_0_PBcfg.c:107: first defined here
c:/nxp/s32ds.3.4/s32ds/build_tools/gcc_v10.2/gcc-10.2-arm32-eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.2.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/real-ld.exe: ./generate/src/FlexCAN_Ip_Sa_VS_1_PBcfg.o:C:\xbms\xbms_application\Application\Debug_FLASH/../generate/src/FlexCAN_Ip_Sa_VS_1_PBcfg.c:110: multiple definition of `FlexCAN_State1'; ./generate/src/FlexCAN_Ip_Sa_VS_0_PBcfg.o:C:\xbms\xbms_application\Application\Debug_FLASH/../generate/src/FlexCAN_Ip_Sa_VS_0_PBcfg.c:110: first defined here

Can you please guide me as what I am doing wrong.

Regards, 

Hemant Kapoor

0 Kudos
1 Solution
HemantK
Contributor III

Thanks for the response...

The way I got round this issue is by excluding the unwanted file from the project.

But there are still some issues with the supporting multiple hardware in the IDE

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @HemantK 

Unfortunately, the functional groups feature of the S32 Configuration Tools is not fully supported by the PlatformSDK_S32K3_2022_xx_S32K34x_M7 SDK (installed within S32DS as part of the S32K3 Real-Time Drivers package). This is why you are seeing these errors. Most likely, you will need to create 2 separate projects. If you want to keep some of the files shared across the 2 projects, so they could more easily be kept in sync, you might consider either using linked files or maintaining some portion as a library project.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
HemantK
Contributor III

Thanks for the response...

The way I got round this issue is by excluding the unwanted file from the project.

But there are still some issues with the supporting multiple hardware in the IDE

0 Kudos