cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use S32DS debugger 'Program Partition Command'

Jump to solution
Maciek
Contributor V

I'm trying to use 'advanced' debugger settings to partition S32K144 EVB memory for EEPROM functionality. In S32DS for ARM v2.2. I have mixed results:

- started with default konfig. with FCFG1:DEPART showing 0xC (FlexNVM used as D-Flash)

- next I've tried set 'Enable Partitioning for the device' with 0204 code (all FlexNVM used for EEPROM)

- after clicking Debug - I could still see FCFG1:DEPART showing 0xC (unchanged)

- after a few experiments I've checked both options: 'Emergency Kinetis Device recovery...' and 'Enable Partitioning for the device' (with 0204) - and this worked. I could see FCFG1:DEPART showing 0x4. 

- I've experimented with EEPROM functionality - and it has worked as expected

- then I've checked again 'Emergency Kinetis Device recovery' together with 'Enable Partitioning for the device' with code '020C' to restore FlexNVM as D-Flash. After 'Debug' I could see FCFG1:DEPART showing 0xF which is 'FlexNVM not assigned'. After that I could not change this field any more (no option 020C or 0204 works this time). 

Can You explain how this function works ? What is the proper sequence of actions to successfully partition memory ?

Why am I seeing such erratic behaviour ?

Thanks for help

Maciek

0 Kudos
1 Solution
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Maciek,

This is PE Micro GDB Server Plug-In, please contact PE Micro Support if you have any issues with the plugin.

GDB Server Plug-In for Eclipse-based ARM IDEs | PEmicro plug-in for working with freely downloadable... 

GDB Server Plug-In for Eclipse-based ARM® IDEs Debug Configuration User Guide, v.1.06

www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=459

FCFG1:DEPART = 0xC is not the default erased value.

So, I understand that it could not partition the MCU without mass-erasing it first.

pastedImage_100.png

Have you tried launching the FTFC partition command from the application itself?

Just to exclude any potential issues with the MCU.

Thanks,

BR, Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Maciek,

This is PE Micro GDB Server Plug-In, please contact PE Micro Support if you have any issues with the plugin.

GDB Server Plug-In for Eclipse-based ARM IDEs | PEmicro plug-in for working with freely downloadable... 

GDB Server Plug-In for Eclipse-based ARM® IDEs Debug Configuration User Guide, v.1.06

www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=459

FCFG1:DEPART = 0xC is not the default erased value.

So, I understand that it could not partition the MCU without mass-erasing it first.

pastedImage_100.png

Have you tried launching the FTFC partition command from the application itself?

Just to exclude any potential issues with the MCU.

Thanks,

BR, Daniel

0 Kudos