cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate a project from s32ds for ARM v2.2 to s32ds for s32 platform v3.5

Roy2
Contributor I

Hello Community,

Currently I have a s32k146 based project on s32ds for ARM v2.2 with no external SDK attached.

I want to migrate this project to s32ds for s32 platform v3.5. How would I go about it. I have tried link below. But no luck

In the available migration window, only this shows up "Migrate toolchain Arm 32/64 NXP GCC 6.3/9.2 to NXP GCC 10.2 for bareboard/library project" and obviously the processor expert doesn't migrate to s32 config tool as it only migrated the toolchain.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio-Knowledge-Base/Video-Migrating-S32K1-projects-from-S3...

Any help is appreciated.

Thank You

0 Kudos
9 Replies

Roy2
Contributor I

Hi @VaneB 

Thank you for replying.

As per your suggestion, I moved to S32DS V3.4 and when I opened the migration tool the project was not listed. Also I tried manually selecting the migration filter. But no luck, I have attached the screenshot for your reference.

Screenshot 2024-07-06 134540.png

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Roy2 

The migration feature works with SDK and Expert Processor based projects. Check if your project has any SDK attached. Go to Project Properties -> SDK. 

Also, make sure you have installed S32SDK S32K1XX RTM 4.0.2 (S32 Design Studio 3.4 S32K1xx Service Pack 1 > S32 Design Studio IDE > S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform v.3.4).

VaneB_0-1720462268219.png

0 Kudos

Roy2
Contributor I

Hi @VaneB 

Thank you for you response.

I can confirm that the project is based on Processor Expert and I'm using the SDK's functions and data types, but weirdly when I go to Project Properties -> SDK I cannot find any SDK attached.

Currently, In S32DS for ARM 2.2, I have installed S32SDK_S32K1xx_RTM_3.0.0 SDK. Now it is possible that the project was based on an older SDK, if so how can I verify that.

Regards,

Roy2

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Roy2 

Since your project appears to not have attached an SDK or a compatible SDK, the migrate feature will not be available for your project.

You can verify if your project has attached an older SDK in the project Properties -> Processor Expert -> S32 SDK Specific

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

did you imported the project into workspace? (File -> Import -> General -> Existing project into Workspace). 

0 Kudos

Roy2
Contributor I

Hi @jiri_kral 

Thank you for replying.

Yes, I did import the project (File -> Import -> General -> Existing project into Workspace) this way.

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

if the project is not based on SDK and processor expert, you can simply import the project into workspace. File -> Import -> General -> Existing Project into Workspace. 

0 Kudos

Roy2
Contributor I
Hey Jiri,
Thank you for replying.
I'm sure the project is based on processor expert, but when I go to Properties-> SDKs. I see that no SDKs are attached.

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Roy2 

Based on customer experience, it seems that the migration feature performs better on S32DS V3.4. My recommendation is to move to S32DS v3.4.

BR, VaneB

0 Kudos