How to install S32DS 3.4 into a docker image (command line)

キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

How to install S32DS 3.4 into a docker image (command line)

1,917件の閲覧回数
JayAtlis
Contributor II

Hello,

My company needs to do continuous integration of our (S32K344 based) product's firmware. In order to make an easily reproducible build environment I'm trying to install S32DS 3.4 into a docker (windows server core) container. Within this container environment I have no GUI; it's command line only.

I see in the installation guide that "Installing the product from the command line in the console or silent mode is not supported."

Is there any way to accomplish installing S32DS without a GUI? If not, can anyone please suggest a way to get S32DS installed into a Docker container, or some other alternative to using S32DS to perform the Import,Generate,Build cycle?

Thanks

4 返答(返信)

1,851件の閲覧回数
Joung
Contributor I

Hello, I'm also trying to setting up a CI/CD environment for our project, and encountered the same issue (unable to execute installer in docker environment).

Did you find any workarounds to solve this issue?

1,840件の閲覧回数
JayAtlis
Contributor II

Yes. An associate from NXP Technical Support did reach out to me with the following:

"the install guide is right - there is no way how to perform installation from command line. You can try to just copy files from existing GUI installation and modify Env variables in docker, but have no clue if it will be working. "

So I use the following command to tar up the entire installation...

cd C:\
tar -chzvf <destination folder>/S32DS_3.4_lifted-h.tgz NXP

Then, in my Dockerfile I do this:

ADD S32DS_3.4_lifted-h.tgz .

It works for us.

838件の閲覧回数
poonamkubal
Contributor I

Hello ,
I am building project (C language) using S32 design studio where I am generating .elf as output .Now I want to generate docker image for the same do I need to have entire installation on docker container ?
Also I am using S32 DS on windows is there a way to generate docker image as windows containers are not supported now.

To resolve this what I tried was, I build the project in Linux environment using command line and zipped entire setup and then added to dockerfile with command ADD . Next was to extract zip file in docker container but i think it hanged.

am I doing anything wrong here or am I missing anything?

タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛
返信

825件の閲覧回数
JayAtlis
Contributor II

For my earlier work and the topic of the previous discussion, we were setting up CI to run our product build from a docker container. We did successfully run S32 design studio inside a Windows docker container on a Windows VM for this purpose.

In the context of CI, it was correct for us. But if you're only trying to build your product and not setting up CI, this approach is probably not correct for you.

0 件の賞賛
返信