Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files encryption

Jump to solution
fanziyu
Contributor IV

S32DS for Arm 2018.R1

KEAZ128

Some C files and H files in the project cannot be exposed to the client, the client needs to modify some other C files,and then compile to generate the HEX file. Is there any way?

Can confidential C files be replaced by O files for compilation?How to do this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Alternatively, you can link separate object file (.o) as an other object file (e.g. place the affected object files into a custom folder e.g. <Project home folder>\obj\) :

stanish_0-1708936823767.png

I'd also suggest you to disable debug information generation specifically for these source files. This will make them even harder to understand since symbol information is extracted from the compiled object file.

To do so just right click on specific source file and go to properties (main.c in the example):

stanish_1-1708937237454.png

Once the change is confirmed the file decorator appears (little black pin) indicating that the source file has a different to default build options :

stanish_2-1708937433021.png

Hope it helps.

Stan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

in my opinion is the best method create a library archive from sources which you don't like to share and link it into your project. 

jiri_kral_0-1708683673290.png

0 Kudos
fanziyu
Contributor IV

It wasn't planned out this way, and the various global variables were too interleaved for this to work. Is there any other way?

0 Kudos
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Alternatively, you can link separate object file (.o) as an other object file (e.g. place the affected object files into a custom folder e.g. <Project home folder>\obj\) :

stanish_0-1708936823767.png

I'd also suggest you to disable debug information generation specifically for these source files. This will make them even harder to understand since symbol information is extracted from the compiled object file.

To do so just right click on specific source file and go to properties (main.c in the example):

stanish_1-1708937237454.png

Once the change is confirmed the file decorator appears (little black pin) indicating that the source file has a different to default build options :

stanish_2-1708937433021.png

Hope it helps.

Stan

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I'm afraid that there is no other option. Library archive is just set of object files (.o) like was your first idea. If you already have .o files - you can simply create library archive by ar tool - https://www.delorie.com/djgpp/v2faq/faq8_22.html 

0 Kudos