Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to read memory value on S32DS

Jump to solution
HeeSu
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm a student who is studying with the S32K148EVB board.

I'm debugging lpuart example provided by S32DS for understanding uart programming.

I failed to open the memory value through the 'OpenSDA' of the EVB board and PEmicro Debugger on S32DS 2018.R1.

So my question is, is it impossible to read memory through OpenSDA and PEmicro Debugger?

I powered and debug the board with a USB port through the computer with 'S32DS 2018.R1' and 'S32K SDK 0.8.6 EAR'.

Is there any solution to watch the memory value of the board??

thanks.

HeeSu_0-1682102028200.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi HeeSu,

Please read View peripheral registers and Viewing memory chapters of arm_pdf_reference.pdf(C:\NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1\S32DS\help\pdf)

View peripheral registers arm_pdf_reference.png

EmbSys Registers S32DS 2018.R1.png

By the way, S32 Design Studio for ARM Version 2018.R1 is very old, it is recommended to use S32DS v3.4.3 +S32K1 SDK RTM 4.0.3.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
whale
Contributor I

S32DS v3.5 + S32SDK RTM 4.0.1
examples: S32K144/driver_examples/communication/uart_pal_echo

In this example, we modified the TX of LPUART in pin_mux.c to PTC9 and RX to PTC8.
Added PCC_SetClockMode between CLOCK_SYS_UpdateConfiguration and PINS_DRV_Init in main.c, otherwise the program would enter DefaultISR at line 139 in pins_port_hw_access.c.

But after circumventing this issue, when initializing the LPUART_DRV_Init, the problem as shown in the picture occurs. How do I fix it?

whale_1-1688541152846.png

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi HeeSu,

Please read View peripheral registers and Viewing memory chapters of arm_pdf_reference.pdf(C:\NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1\S32DS\help\pdf)

View peripheral registers arm_pdf_reference.png

EmbSys Registers S32DS 2018.R1.png

By the way, S32 Design Studio for ARM Version 2018.R1 is very old, it is recommended to use S32DS v3.4.3 +S32K1 SDK RTM 4.0.3.

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos