Product Release Announcement
Automotive Microcontrollers and Processors
S32 Design Studio for ARM v2.0
Austin, Texas, USA
August 16, 2017
The Automotive Microcontrollers and Processors’ Embedded Tools Team at NXP Semiconductors, is pleased to announce the first release of the S32 Design Studio for ARM v2.0
• Eclipse Neon 4.6 Framework
• GNU Tools for ARM® Embedded Processors (Launchpad) build (4.9.3 20150529)
• ARM64: Linaro GCC 4.9-2015.05
• Libraries included: newlib, newlib-nano and ewl2 (ewl and ewlnano)
• P&E Multilink/Cyclone/OpenSDA (with P&E GDB Server) - updated (v184.108.40.20680808)
• SEGGER J-Link (with SEGGER GDB Server) - (V616f_b170707)
• New Project wizard to create application and library projects for supported devices
• Fully integrated S32 SDK for S32K14x EAR release v.0.8.4. For the details on the feature set of SDK please refer to SDK Release notes and Reference Manuals attached below.
• SDK management included:
o Sample Drivers for KEA family (Evaluation grade)
o FreeMASTER Serial Communication driver for KEA and S32K families
o Automotive Math and Motor Control Libraries for KEA and S32K devices v1.1.8
• Import projects from CodeWarrior for MCU v.10.6 and Kinetis Design Studio for respective supported processors
• IAR v7.x compiler support by new project wizard
• iSystem, Lauterbach and IAR debuggers support by new project wizard
• Kernel Aware debugging for FreeRTOS, OSEK.
• Devices supported:
o SKEAZN8, SKEAZN16, SKEAZN32, SKEAZN64, SKEAZ128, SKEAZ64
o S32K144 v2.0, S32K148, S32K142
Complete S32 Design Studio for ARM v2.0 release notes are available here
To download the installer please visit the S32DS product page downloads section.
The installer requires the the NEW Activation ID to be entered during the installation. You should receive an email including the Activation ID after starting the download process:
S32 Design Studio issues are tracked through the S32DS Public NXP Community space.
Just to clarify, I see that S32K Design Studio for ARM V2.0 supports S32K144 revision V2.0 but the SDK S32K14x EAR release v.0.8.4 supports S32K144 revision V2.1. Does this mean the revision V2.0 is support in the new IDE but not the new SDK?
Is it possible to use an older SDK with S32K Design Studio for ARM V2.0 if we're using S32K144 revision V2.0? Or must we remain on the S32DS version that was mentioned in the specific SDK ReleaseNotes?
Similar to the above, I'm confused that my v1.3 was running SDK version 1.0.0, however now that v2.0 of the IDE is out, it's running SDK version 0.8.4 - and naturally they're not backward-compatible.
Could we get a diagram of which SDK versions correspond with which IDE and which hardware? This is very confusing for those of us who don't work at NXP