cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XEP100 - Partition DFlash vs Full Partition DFlash

Pedro_
Contributor III

Hi all,

I wonder if you could help me out with the following problem.

The flash loader I have needs to be capable of partitioning the D-Flash memory. The software will be running in Secured Normal Single Chip mode therefore it is not possible to execute a Full Partition D-Flash command.

I understand that even though parts are shipped in erase state, it is recommended to run a Full Partition command during production.

I'd like to know if the Full Partition command could be replaced with a sequence that erases the 32k D-Flash using FTM command 0x12 - Erase D-Flash sector, followed by a Partition D-Flash 0x20 command.

Is this something you would recommended?

Thanks

Message Edited by Pedro_ on 2009-03-23 11:07 AM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jsmcortina
Contributor III

I have done something similar.

My code checks to see if the flash is partitioned  and if it isn't then it uses the 0x20 command.  I do not believe that you need to erase the flash as well, the partition command does that.

James

0 Kudos

Pedro_
Contributor III

James, thants for your answer.

You should be aware however that the 0x20 Partition Command does not erase the D-Flash. This commands only does an Erase Verify to check all blocks have been erased.

Another thing to consider is a note in AN3490:

"The standard shipping condition for the D-flash and P-flash memory is

erased with security disabled; however, it is recommended that each block

or sector is erased before factory programming to ensure that the full data

retention capability is achieved."

What I have (seems to work fine) even with security enabled is a routine that is capable of erasing every D-Flash sector and perform a partition. The routine is erased afterwards to avoid any failures in the field.

Regards

Pedro

0 Kudos