WRTMASK bit in CPMUCOP register ? (COP watchdog S12Z)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WRTMASK bit in CPMUCOP register ? (COP watchdog S12Z)

Jump to solution
niba
Contributor III

Hi community,

I would like to use the COP watchdog in my application. Does somebody know what the WRTMASK bit in CPMUCOP register mean? In which use case do I need this bit?

Thank you very much!

1 Solution
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nikolai,

The CPMUCOP register may be written just once in normal mode. The CPMUCOP write with WRTMASK bit set allow to configure RSBCK bit without counting this Write once condition and it will even not change WCOP and CR[2:0] CPMUCOP values.

So, you may change RSBCK bit without any restriction even in normal mode.

If WRTMASK bit =1 when we write into CPMUCOP register, the written WCOP and CR[2:0] bits has no effect – it will not enable COP watchdog.

The real use is quite limited for corner cases during debugging – it is rather used by debugger algorithms than directly users.

If you want to enable COP watchdog in your application, simply write CPMUCOP register with WCOP and CR[2:0] values and WRTMASK bit =0. For example:

CPMUCOP = 0x07;

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nikolai,

The CPMUCOP register may be written just once in normal mode. The CPMUCOP write with WRTMASK bit set allow to configure RSBCK bit without counting this Write once condition and it will even not change WCOP and CR[2:0] CPMUCOP values.

So, you may change RSBCK bit without any restriction even in normal mode.

If WRTMASK bit =1 when we write into CPMUCOP register, the written WCOP and CR[2:0] bits has no effect – it will not enable COP watchdog.

The real use is quite limited for corner cases during debugging – it is rather used by debugger algorithms than directly users.

If you want to enable COP watchdog in your application, simply write CPMUCOP register with WCOP and CR[2:0] values and WRTMASK bit =0. For example:

CPMUCOP = 0x07;

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!