ILLEGAL_BP with 9S12xep100

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ILLEGAL_BP with 9S12xep100

aniketbansod
Contributor I

I'm attempting to test a board with an MC9S12XEP100, using CodeWarrior version 5.1. Right now I'm just trying to compile and run a very simple test program, based on the Freescale example program. It compiles ok, and downloads ok to the XEP100, and I can examine memory and registers. BUT WHEN IT DOWNLOAD IN Uc IT SHOWS FOLLOWING LINES IN COMMAND WINDOW:-

STARTED
RUNNING
ILLEGAL_BP

And before this problem i had succesfully executed CAN,external MRAM,FLASH,SRAM program.but yesterday i am stuck in this prooblem. I've read most of the posts here about the "ILLEGAL_BP" message, and I'm not making any of the mistakes that others have reported;So please help me regarding this and please guide is this hardware problem or software??? so can make changes according to it. 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

kef2
Senior Contributor IV

ILLEGAL_BP occurs when your MCU suddenly resets or runs away into the weeds. It may be also communications error due to some EMI, bad contact, etc. If you had it OK with your previous code version and start receiving ILLEGAL_BP after some mods, then it is 100% your software error. Undefined interrupt vector, interrupt handler placed to paged memory, return from interrupt with RTS/RTC instruction instead of RTI, access to undefined memory (illegal address reset), watchdog reset, etc..

Edward

0 Kudos