I had few queries regarding the S12ZVMEVB: S12ZVM evaluation board.  1)      Does it support MATLAB communication with the board?  If it communicates whether we need to purchase any hardware support package from Freescale or Mathworks? 2)      Whether thi

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had few queries regarding the S12ZVMEVB: S12ZVM evaluation board.  1)      Does it support MATLAB communication with the board?  If it communicates whether we need to purchase any hardware support package from Freescale or Mathworks? 2)      Whether thi

akshatnegi
Contributor II

I had few queries regarding the S12ZVMEVB: S12ZVM evaluation board.

1)      Does it support MATLAB communication with the board?  If it communicates whether we need to purchase any hardware support package from Freescale or Mathworks?

2)      Whether this has inbuilt CAN module/Port in the board?

3)      What are all the compilers this board will support and also want to know the compiler which is compatible with MATLAB tool.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Askhat,

Unfortunately, my experience with the Motor Control Development Toolbox SW is limited.

1.    The Motor Control Development Toolbox SW communicate directly with MCU on the board trough serial channel (there is USB to SCI interface on board). For that, the bootloader must be already loaded into MCU.

Anyway, the S12ZVM evaluation board already contains onboard OSBDM BDM interface which could be used for loading/debugging applications. The commercial BDM debuggers offer higher speed, stability, additional features, …. , however, the basic tool is already there.

2.    There are two versions of the S12ZVM evaluation board. The board is the same, different is just assembly plan.

When you will order S12ZVMC12EVBCAN version, the S12ZVM evaluation board will be assembled with S12ZVMC MCU and CAN PHY.

When you will order S12ZVMC12EVBLIN version, the S12ZVM evaluation board will be assembled with S12ZVML MCU, but CAN PHY (TJA1042T/3) will be not assembled by default. However, you still can assembly CAN PHY additionally (with few additional modifications) and provide VDDC voltage from USB port via jumper. In that case, LIN and CAN ports will be available.

3.    The Motor Control Development Toolbox SW declares compiler options for these compilers:

a.    CodeWarrior

b.    Wind River DIAB

c.    Green Hills

d.    Cosmic

e.    IAR

f.    GCC

g.    RAM/FLASH targets

However, I suppose that not all will be available for S12ZVM (MCD Toolbox supports also MPC5xxx, Kinetis KV, and DSC MCUs). The officially supported compilers by AMMC library for S12Z are CodeWarrior and Cosmic.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos