cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexRay daugther card problem

ThomasB
Contributor I
I am using an SK-S12XDP512-A evaluation board with a Generic Flexray
Daughter Card (FRDC FLXRAYIPMFR4200). I can run a demo project for the HCS12X, so the basic wiring and software installation seem to be ok. However, I have had no luck so far talking to the FlexRay board.

I am also wondering if the board is correcly powered. When I plug in the evaluation board, neither of the 12V, 5V or 3.3V LEDs come on. Do I need an additional power source or is it possible that the FlexRay module is broken? My evaluation board deliveres 5V at pin 24 on P1A but no voltage on pin 23 or pin 27. Should it? Is there any documentation about setting up the FlexRay module with the
SK-S12XDP512-A evaluation board?

Is there anybody out there using similar hardware that could provide a simple demo project using FlexRay?

Thanks,
Thomas
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hi ThomasB,
Some sample code is available from Freescale directly but only under Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Please read your mails for a contact...
Cheers,
Alban.
0 Kudos

ThomasB
Contributor I
Hi Alban,

thanks for the quick response. I just discovered that my Flexray module is not compatible with my HCS12X board, because the Flexray-connectors are not properly assembled (either on the FRDC or on the EVB). When I mounted the FRDC on the EVB, it was turned by 180 degrees, which explains why no power LED was on.

I hope I did not fry the board already... I contacted hardware support and will post the solution to the problem here.

Anyway, I am still highly interested in the sample code and will get into contact with Freescale.

Cheers,
Thomas.
0 Kudos

ThomasB
Contributor I
Hello Flexray users,

as promised here is the solution to my problem:

On the initial S12X EVB the FlexRay connectors were the wrong way around. This has subsequently been fixed, but I had an old revision of board. The temporary fix is to connect the FRDC 'up-side-down', so that the FRDC is only connected with one connector (P1) and it hangs over the 'LIN' area of the S12X EVB.

This should allow communication with FlexRay as all the key interface signals are on the IP Logic connector (P1). At least the LEDs are working now.

I guess one can determine if one has an old EVB or a new one by inspecting the following parts:
On a new EVB, there are capacitors (or other small SMD parts) below the lower Flexray connector, where there are no capacitors on older models (or they are above the lower connector). On a new EVB, the Flexray connectors should have the wide part on the bottom, whereas old EVBs have the wide part on top.

Regards,
Thomas
0 Kudos