Do the S12 Magniv controller has the Safety(Self Diagnostic) Features like Renesas RL78/F14?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do the S12 Magniv controller has the Safety(Self Diagnostic) Features like Renesas RL78/F14?

sanketbirgavale
Contributor I

We are presently working on Renesas's RL78/F14 microcontroller, the application is BLDC motor controller, from Renesas we have received the list of self Diagnostic failsafes like listed below.

1. CRC checking in flash-memory

2. ECC checking for RAM

3. Checking the stack pointer overflow, underflow

4. Monitoring the system clock oscillation state

5. Protecting the RAM data re-writing in case of CPU crash

6. Protecting the SFR re-writing in case of CPU crash

7. Detection of improper memoryaccess

8. Clock frequency detection judgment

9. A/D conversion test

10. Port digital output signal level detection judgment of

Now we are interested to use the S12 magniV controller and implement self Diagnostic failsafes.

I have two question

1. Do the S12 magniV controller has the self Diagnostic failsafe simillar to RL78/F14 as listed above?

2. If not can you provide the algorithm for the implementation of above Diagnostic feature in your controller

We got one document from your website for understanding.

Also attaching the RL78/F14 safety document where the above listed Diagnostic failsafes are explained in details.

Request your help!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

iggi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sanket,

I heard that MagniV have a self-core test, but don't have more details about that.

Regarding the list you provided, the there is CRC and ECC of memory and more info you can find in specific device reference manual.

About the clock monitoring feature, there is an option to enable it by setting a bit in CPMU register. Then in case of loss of oscillation or the oscillator (or PLL) frequency drops below the failure assert frequency fCMFA (or fPMFA)

(see device electrical characteristics for values), the S12CPMU_UHV_V10_V6 module generates an Oscillator

Clock Monitor Reset.

I am not sure for other points you listed. Will see if we can get more information about this subject.

Regards,

iggi

0 Kudos

sanketbirgavale
Contributor I

Dear Iggi

Thanks for your reply!!

Can you please share the all list of the self Diagnostic feature available

in S12 magniV microcontroller.

With Best Regards

Sanket Birgavale

Tata Consultancy Services