cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D-BUG12 Question

fmiku
Contributor III

Hello,

is it possible to run the ISR functions at full speed in the background while the device is traced ? 

so when stopped the device I need to set I bit in the CCR to disable IRQs to run the main program step by step.

any chance to achive this, tricks tips ?

Thanks in advace,

Ferenc

0 Kudos
5 Replies

fmiku
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm an old asm nerd and like/prefer the pure and easy environment. Like a  terminal

for a little upper level development just using platformio.

I uses S12 G, VR, XS, and XEQ series MCUs and a gnu assembler, nothing else..

for debugging I use Dbug12, fortunatelly rare to need to use, like once a year or so...

just in the last case, would have been nice to run the ISR in the backgound... but I found the problem already

for programing the deviec I uses USBDM stuff.

BTW, I looking a simple way to get started with the S12Z series MCU too

Regards,

Ferenc

0 Kudos

fmiku
Contributor III

Hi,

Thank you !

BTW the latest update of the D-BUG12 firmware was based on my BUG report

Even then, I got quick help

Regards,

Ferenc

0 Kudos

StanoA
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ferenc,

The D-BUG12 is the very old software pack which allows debug user code in memory and It has own features. If you want use it the one option is to add asm instruction “sei” before supposed breakpoint in code enabled by such external condition e.g. such pin value.

I suggest you use the BDM interface with CodeWarrior 5.2 to build and debug code for your application. Even if the S12DP/DG family is not included in CW_5.2 it can be added into it by procedure described on web:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Classic-Legacy-CodeWarrior/How-to-Add-missing-derivatives-to-CodeWarrio...

There are links to *.zip files containing older derivates for CW on page and detail guide how to modify CW_5.2.

The BDM interface with BDM-Multilink Universal:

https://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320180&productTab=1

can be used for comfortable build, load and debug user application code.

I which you many success in your work.

Best Regards,

Stano.

0 Kudos