C9S12XDP512 SCI Functions [Beginner]

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C9S12XDP512 SCI Functions [Beginner]

bwheeler
Contributor I
Warning:  I am a beginner with DYI projects.  I have experience coding in assembly for MC9S12DP256B

I am working on a design project and we have purchased the C9S12XDP512 from a vendor.  At the moment, we are trying to do some basic input and output to a terminal.
  1.  Are there any SCI functions that are already written for the the processor in C that is available for use?
  2. We have tried including the "stdio.h" library and the functions defined in there are not compiling.  Is there something we are possibly missing?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

JimDon
Senior Contributor III

1. First, you have to say how the SCI device is configured. Some have and din and a dout, other just a single I/O pin. So you need to provide more information. Perhaps tell us the part you wish to talk to, with a link to it's spec sheet.

2. Not enough information. In general there are no issues with stdio.h  If you are expecting to open a file, you may have trouble with that, but things like sprintf work. Which functions are you having trouble with?

0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Sorry I misread read you said SCI I read SPI.

If you go here and scroll down to "Sample Programs"  there are several sample SCI projects.
From Hello World to a fully buffered interrupt driven example.
0 Kudos

bwheeler
Contributor I
Thank you.  This site seems like it would be helpful.
0 Kudos