cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A compile problem

user_112139582
Contributor I

Please help me.

When I compile my code,a warning will come. The warning is "SP debug info incorrect because of optimization or inline assembler". How can I deal with it.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hello, if you can't solve your problem by the suggestion, please post your project here. or create a SR and send the project to Freescale support. thus we can check it directly.

0 Kudos

Monica
Senior Contributor III

Hello!

Were these hints helpful? Please don't forget to keep us posted! :smileywink:

Best regards,

Monica.

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

regarding this warning, here is the explanation given by the manual:

C12056: SP debug info incorrect because of optimization or inline assembler Description The compiler investigates the generated code to detect the current SP value for every instruction.

During this process, he detects that two different control flows generate different SP values for a single instruction.

This situation may arise because of different situations: – inline assembler: In inline assembler code, it is legal to have this situation as long as the stack is correct at the end of the inline assembler block.

– optimization: Especially because of the common code optimization -Of/-Onf there are situations where this occurs in correct code.

It is impossible to generate correct debug info for this optimization in some cases.

The debugger may show local variables and the call chain incorrect for some parts in a function, for which this message occurs.

But this message does not mean that the code generated is wrong in any sense.

Previous versions of the compiler did generate this warning in other situations, for which this version generates correct debug info.

0 Kudos