Are there any low-power-consumption MCU which support MIPI camera?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any low-power-consumption MCU which support MIPI camera?

youare_90
Contributor I

Hi,

We need to find a platform that support MIPI camera(DVP camera is also ok). And It's powered with 3V supply. We hope the consumption is as low as possible. 

Thanks~

Br,

Jumping Mark

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You can download the example code and hardware guide for the evalaution board as there are two examples already made for the camera and there are also examples created for the wifi. As of now there is not one example that implements both.

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jumping Mark, 

The i.MX RT1050 is the lowest power consuming device that will support the CSI communication protocol. We do have other microcontrollers that are low power, but unfortunately do not support this interface. 

There are two application notes describing how to interface the camera with the i.MXRT1050, these are:

Developing a Camera Application with i.MX RT Series 

Developing a simple UVC device based on i.MX RT1050 

In addition you can find examples in the SDK that you can download from the MCUXpresso SDK website.

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

lukasz_iwaszkie
Contributor I

Hi Sabina

Could you elaborate on MIPI CSI in i.MXRT1050? According to nxp.com/imxrt website there is only a parallel camera interface available (which is also called a CSI I believe?), and the only part supporting MIPI CSI is i.MXRT 1170 which is not available yet. Thanks.

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Lukasz

Thank you for pointing that out. It should just be CSI not MIPI CSI. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos

youare_90
Contributor I

Hi Sabina,

Thanks for your help, I just had a quick look of RT1050. And I still get some questions. We don't usually keep it standby, most of time we just shut it down only when the device detects someone and it will open then, it's hard for me to find some information of the consumption in different kinds of mode, I'd be appreciate if you could find a list of that. And as I know it integrates WIFI interface, we also need it, could you find me some independent WIFI module? Besides, we focus on low-power-consumption design, and it's the most import factor that we care.

Thanks again!

Br,

Jumping Mark

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jumping Mark,

For the various low power modes you can find the description of each in section 3.3.1 of the application note for power consumption. In the datasheet itself you can find the specifications as shown below:

pastedImage_1.png

Please, note that these values were measured using only the microcontroller, there were no external modules connected or powered during these tests. Once you connect different modules these values will vary depending on the consumption of each device added.

You can also find some information in chapter 12 of the reference manual. This sections describes power, clock and thermal management techniques supported by the chip.

Our examples that are available in the SDK for the i.MXRT1050, we use the following wifi modules:

Murata 1DX M.2 Module

Murata uSD M.2 Adapter

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

youare_90
Contributor I

Hi Sabina,

Thanks for your help, I got a lot of useful information for those websites. I wonder if there are any reference design with camera and WIFI module when I use i.MXRT1050.

0 Kudos