cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ls1046 network problems when kexec kdump with DPAA ethernet

hrahmic
Contributor I

Hi All,

We want to enable linux crash dump feature on our ls1046a board. Since the board has no non-volatile memory points at all, the only choice is to create the crash dump on the NFS mount point. So, we need crashkernel to have DPAA ethernet enabled. 

In our case, I spot no issue in the crashkernel console log. But it seems that after initializing ethernet, the board cannot receive or process network packets for ~2 minutes; getting IP from DHCP server takes ~2 minutes. 

Also, in most of the cases, after sending some part of the core file with a normal speed, the file transfer speed decreases dramatically, and it takes tens of minutes to transfer the remaining part. But in some cases, file transfer takes place smoothly. 

I have already seen old tickets mentioning that DPAA is not supported in the crashkernel. I have also seen that this is being indicated in the "Layerscape Software Development Kit User Guide". But this seems to be fixed at the later versions and I see that crashkernel with DPAA is not having kernel panic anymore. 

Our SDK version is LSDK 1812. In the SDK(drivers/staging/fsl_qbman) I see some work has already been added for KEXEC. 

Can anyone help me about this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Chavira
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you for contacting NXP support!

Please you can try updating the version of LSDK?

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/LSDKUG_Rev21.08.pdf

0 Kudos