compile u-boot for T4240 is error using fsl toolchain

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compile u-boot for T4240 is error using fsl toolchain

hover
Contributor I

We meets one problem when compling the u-boot using fsl toolchain for powerpc.  Our puspose is to compile the uboot not using the yocoto from SDK. The following is our envirement and operation step.

1   the host is ubuntu14.04 and we installed the toolchian :fsl-qoriq-glibc-x86_64-ppc64e6500-toolchain-2.0.sh coming from SDK 2.0 and the Uboot version u-boot-2017.01.tar.bz2 (we also triend uboot 2016 version ) 

2  configure the board is T4240RDB_default. During the link stage , it reports the errors as the figures. It seems that the toolchain is not compatible.

error logerror log

3  I searched one artile in the NXP community :Cross compile U-boot with standalone tool chain from QorIQ sdk2.0 - NXP Community   It suggested compiling the uboot using 32bit toolchain. So I try it according to the steps 

a) install fsl-qoriq-glibc-x86_64-ppce6500-toolchain-2.0.sh and config the env    

exprot ARCH=powerpc
export CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/fsl-qoriq/2.0/sysroots/x86_64-fslsdk-linux/usr/bin/powerpc-fsl-linux/powerpc-fsl-linux-

b) compiling the uboot  and meeting the following error.
    Could  someone give me advices how to compling u-boot only using the fsl powerpc toolchain?  Thank you in advance.
errorerror
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Oswalag
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You have to use Ubuntu 14 for SDK 2.0(You are good here),

Use the t4240rdb machine in the SDK and toolchain for this machine.

Use recommended command sequence for u-boot building:

$ bitbake -c cleansstate u-boot
$ bitbake -c patch u-boot
$ bitbake -c compile -f u-boot
$ bitbake u-boot

The steps are documented in the SDK2.0 manual, Ch 3.3.1, Customizing U-Boot.

0 Kudos

hoverdsp
Contributor I
  My purpose is to compile the u-boot for T4240 not using yocto env from sdk. I want to  build the u-boot only using the toolchain from SDK. For examle, I can install an arm toolchain for MPSOC from xilinx and compile the uboot directly. What I needs to do is just set the ARCH and CROSS_COMPILE env. 

0 Kudos