SDK for P2020RDB-PCA

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK for P2020RDB-PCA

hammadnayeem
Contributor II

I am new to using SDK for P2020RDB-PCA. I need an example of how to write a code after SDK installation and how to port it to the board.

Pls tell an UART example code too.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

hammadnayeem
Contributor II

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for your messages.

Few more queries-

1) The code you shared (Simple_Serial.c) does not compile on x86 machine.

2) $CC test.c --sysroot=/opt/fsl-networking/QorIQ-SDK-V1.7/sysroots/ppce500v2-fsl-linux-gnuspe/ -o test

This command has to be executed at what location on the Linux Machine and test.c has to include the complete path to test.c ?

3) Pls share a program for register level programming with Code Warrior for UART functionality for P2020 board or any other (if for P2020 not available).

4) We have also procured Code Warrior v10.4 for QorIQ Power Architecture with Floating License. Pls tell the number of clients that can be interfaced to the  server machine and the USB Drive containing the software has to be physically sent to the location where the clients are lovcated to install Code Warrior or it can be downloaded and run over internet from Client machines.

Thanks for your time,

Hammad

0 Kudos

hammadnayeem
Contributor II

Waiting for a reply

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Look at the following page for SDK toolchain installing:
http://www.freescale.com/infocenter/index.jsp?topic=%2FQORIQSDK%2F3069706.html

Use the following command for test.c compiling:
$CC test.c --sysroot=/opt/fsl-networking/QorIQ-SDK-V1.7/sysroots/ppce500v2-fsl-linux-gnuspe/ -o test

There are lot examples in internet for UART using under Linux. For example, see the following page:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Text-Terminal-HOWTO.html

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

hammadnayeem
Contributor II

HI PAVEL,

I ACTUALLY MEANT TO SAY THAT , I NEED TO WRITE A C CODE FOR UART FUNCTIONALITY AND PORT IT TO P2020-RDB PCA USING SDKv1.7

FOR THIS , DO I NEED TO WRITE A GENERAL C CODE FOR UART AND CROSS COMPILE IT OR I HAVE TO USE THE APIs TO DO THIS.

PLS GUIDE THROUGH AN EXAMPLE IF POSSIBLE.

MANY THANKS

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at attached file. It is simple serial program example for Linux.

Use SDK 1.7 toolchain for this program compiling. This Linux example can be used on the P2020 board also.

0 Kudos

hammadnayeem
Contributor II

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for the code. I have certain queries-

1) We have procured P2020RDB-PCA and SDKv1.4 CDs and SD Card has come along with it. The same program can be compiled using SDKv1.4, right?

2) If we want to write a code that programs the UART Registers of P2020, achieving similar functionality as done by the code shared by you ,can it be done  with SDK or codewarrior will be good for it.

3) We also intend to make a board based on P2020 Processor. My end functionality is to program LEDs through UART or GPIOs. Pls guide me the better out of these two. This will be achieved with register level programming ( with SDK or Codewarrior ?)

Many Thanks

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1) Yes, this program example can be compiled using SDKv1.4.

2) Use SDK toolchain and Linux API for UART programming. This API uses Linux UART driver. There is no possibility for register programming if this API is used.

3) These tasks are different. Use Linux sysfs possibility for GPIO programming.

0 Kudos