cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS2088A can not bringup and qspi flash can not be erased

QiujuYe
Contributor III

Hi ,

I use flexbuild_lsdk1812 to build an original firmware,  firmware_ls2088ardb_uboot_qspiboot.img, than update to our board and reset, the board can not bringup,  so I use programmer to program qspi flash image which can bringup, but the qspi flash can not be erased, then failed to program good qspi flash image to run again.  our qspi flash type is MT25QU512 as flowings, the pin 9 is used as data, but I am not sure, whether the original building image compiles this pin as write protect default, so the flash can not be erased by programmer?

cpu-qspi-flash.PNG

Best  Regards

Qiuju.ye

0 Kudos
4 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Regarding the procedure of flash programming, please refer to section "7.7 Using flash programmer from eclipse IDE" in document Freescale\CW4NET_v2020.06\CW_ARMv8\ARMv8\Help\PDF\ARMv8_Targeting_Manual.pdf.

In Target Initialization file, please configure "USE_SAFE_RCW = True" to use hard-coded RCW on the target board.

In function Config_Flash_Devices in Target Initialization file, please modify QSPI flash device as the following.

fl.add_device({"alias": "qspi", "name": "MT25QU512ABA", "address": 0x20000000, "ws_address": 0x18000000, "ws_size": 0x1FFFF, "geometry": "8x1", "controller": "QSPI"})

0 Kudos

QiujuYe
Contributor III

Hi Yiping Wang,

Thanks for you reply.  We don't have the CodeWarrior Tap,  our flash programmer is Dediprog SF600, this programmer cannot erase the qspi flash, so have other ways?

Best Regards

Qiuju.ye

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Qiuju.ye,

Please use your flash programmer tool to do "unprotect" action first, then do flash erasing. Image firmware_ls2088ardb_uboot_qspiboot.img cannot impact the flash. You also could contact DediProg.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos

QiujuYe
Contributor III

Hi Yiping Wang,

Thanks very much, I have found the question. The DediProg software version is too old, we upgrade the software from sf6.0 to sf7.2.x.x, then the flash can be erased and program well. 

Best Regards

Qiuju.ye

0 Kudos