Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a LX2160a reference manual?

Jump to solution
minghu_du
Contributor III

Hi experts,

I only found LS2088A reference manual, which also supports LS2048A, LS2084A and LS2044A, but I did not find LX2160A reference manual.

I wonder if there is a reference manual named LX2160A Reference Manual or QorIQ LX2160A Family Reference Manual that contains detailed register descriptions?

And I saw this NOTE in QorIQ LX2160A Reference Design Board Reference Manual(this manual does not contain detailed register descriptions) pg.8, please see below:

pastedImage_6.png

It mentions the QorIQ LX2160A Family Reference Manual, where can I get it?

Thanks and Best Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Current revision of the LX2160A RM is confidential.

Which exactly RDB board is in question? - I.e. which silicon revision is in question?

(it is printed in the U-Boot log).

I'm asking because there are different documents for silicons Rev.1 and Rev.2

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Current revision of the LX2160A RM is confidential.

Which exactly RDB board is in question? - I.e. which silicon revision is in question?

(it is printed in the U-Boot log).

I'm asking because there are different documents for silicons Rev.1 and Rev.2

0 Kudos
sshaw
Contributor I

Hello ufedor:

You may be the person who can help.

I'm a new contractor employed by Triple Crown Consulting, reporting to WindRiver, and working remotely from my home in Florida.  That info is likely in my profile.

My experience starts with the Intel 8051, then 8086 family, 80960, then ARM9, and Zynq 7010,20,Ultrascale in my last job.  I was looking for information regarding reset sequence, reset vector, and memory map.  I do not see that information in Table 31 in LX2160ARDBRM.pdf.  Is that information available?  Did I miss it?

The fellow I'm reporting to, and myself also, were able to build u-boot for lx2160ardb_rev2 using SDK2108.  The actual goal is to port a u-boot we were given from a customer for a vxp-1707 to a vxp-1708.  The two boards are identical except one has an FPGA, and logic in the other is a CPLD.  Both use the lx2160a processor.

I noticed references to a LX2160ARM.pdf and it says in this thread that it is confidential.  I do have a copy of LX2160ARDBRM.pdf, but I can't find what I'm looking for as mentioned above.

The results of our u-boot build is a file of 57000 s-records, or about 850k bytes as suggested by the size of both the .bin and .elf file.  I also see a good map file, so I'd like to go down to bare metal, find the target location of reset, then scour thru the map, list files, c-code, and a few s-files.  The first location in the srec file is x8200 0000.  I suspect that 32 bits of address is applied to a specific memory attached to the lx2160a.  I think this processor has a bigger memory space ( more address lines ).  I'll continue reading to learn of the behavior of any MMU and how it would impact.  I'm not that far along yet.

Since you are reading ........ I previously inquired to get information about hookup/cabling of a CodeWarrior and the answer I got after 2 or 3 days was to approach the problem using the PABS.  Unfortunately, I'm the new guy and the decision to hook up a CodeWarrior has been taken.  Also, half of the team works remotely.  The guy I work with is in Detroit.  We need to be really careful and avoid thrashing the memory.  If that happens, someone goes into the secure lab, adjusts jumpers, and reboots with others listen and wait remotely.  I repeated my inquiry about CodeWarrior documentation and haven't heard any response.  Does information about hooking up a CodeWarrior to the lx2160a exist?

Thanks for any help.

Scott Shaw

561-801-2748

0 Kudos
minghu_du
Contributor III

Oh, I see it's confidential, thanks for your reply. 

0 Kudos