cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to communicate with my board?

symsong
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm working with bsc9131 and I don't know how to send data to its linux from my PC,since there is no apt-get in the board's linux

0 Kudos
4 Replies

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Would you insatll vsftp to download a file to your laptop or desktop?

The situation with your target board is the same. You need vsftp or another

server to _share_ (means, available to other machines) a file. To _get_ a file,

you need a _client_, not server.  If you are working with an NXP development system,

there should be at least wget:

https://www.gnu.org/software/wget/manual/

As of the SDK documentation, check what you received with the board.

There should be CDs/DVDs with an SDK for your board. Study the documentation

available on those discs.

If you have no discs, download and study QorIQ SDK 1.9 which supports

BSC9131RDB. SDK documentation is on the source disc image. Download

links can be found here:

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/run-time-software/linux-sdk/linux-sdk-for-qoriq-proce...

Note, SDK 1.9 is the final version for BSC9131RDB. Do not use SDK 2.0.

Go to the "Previous" tab after you authenticate.

Have a great day,
Platon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

symsong
Contributor II

Thanks so much,it really helps,

have a good day

0 Kudos

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

apt-get installs software on a Debian-based machine. Freescale SDK for your board does not use Debian package management system. If you need to install a software package, install the SDK on a Linux PC and use bitbake -s to see what packages are
available. Refer to the documentation of the  SDK/BSP you are working with on how to install and configure the SDK, how to

add a package to the target image and how to re-deploy it to the target.

If you only need to transfer a file to the target, share the files via any popular protocol (FTP, HTTP, NFS, CIFS) and use the corresponding file transfer tool on the target to download the files. By default, there should be at least wget, which supports

FTP and HTTP, scp for transferring files over SSH, the kernel in SDK default configuration  supports NFS mounts.

Have a great day,
Platon

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

symsong
Contributor II

Hi,

I can't find any documents which tell me how to install a software pakage on my 9131 board,and now the problem is that if I want to transfer a file to my board via some tools,like FTP,I need to intall the vsftp and boot relavant service first,but there is no any package management system like apt-get for Debian or yum for RedHat...I just want to transfer a file to my board Linux...

0 Kudos