cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add new nand flash support in CodeWarrior v11.4.0

dian_lu
Contributor I

Hello, 

I want to use CodeWarrior v11.4.0 to program a custom flash. But I find that it isn't supported by CodeWarrior, refer to this documentation "CodeWarrior for QorIQ LS Series, ARMv8 ISA v11.4.0". So how can I add a new flash type as need? The flash type is TC58NYG2S0HBAI4, made by Toshiba. Which parameters need to be modified in XML file, and is there any algorithms bin file about Toshiba flash  I can use ?

Thanks a lot!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Attached file is list of CodeWarrior (CW4NET 18.01) Flash Programmer supported devices.

This list shows that CodeWarrior Flash programmer does not support  Twin-Quad I/O Serial Flash Memory devices.

See the attached application note and command sequence below for the LS1043a.

Create a new LS1043a (RDB or QDS, depending what they based their design on) Target Connection (TCC). These files are available using the following path:

C:\Freescale\CW4NET_v2018.01\CW_ARMv8\Config\boards

Edit the Python initialization script for the debugger. Go to the Config_Flash_Devices() function, below the "# Add NOR device" comment. Then add this line:

gdb.execute("monitor flash device alias nor name MT28EW01 address 0x60000000 ws_address 0x10000000 ws_size 0x1FFFF geometry 16x1 controller IFC")

This line is taken straight from the LS1043A_RDB init script, by the way. We don't seem to support the MT28EW128A but we can see what happens with the 01 and whether we can customize the algorithm we have with a specific XML for the 128A.

Configuration XML files are in

C:\Freescale\CW4NET_v2018.01\CW_ARMv8\Config\flash\devices

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos