Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong baud rate (KL05)

Jump to solution
Alberto_g
Contributor III

The ConsoleIO component provides the desired baud rate only when

Clock source settings0 -> Internal reference clock -> MCGIRCLK source -> Reference divider is set to 1.

If it is set at 2, baud rate is halved.

This on a MKL05Z32VFM4 CPU.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have an got an additional update to my previous post - the problem appears only when you use older projects than the ones created in CW10.3.

The problem in the older project can be resolved by the following steps:

- create a new empty project in CodeWarrior 10.3 for the same CPU (KL05)

- In the new project configure the clock including the MCGIRCLK source

- import the CPU component with its settings from the new project into the faulty project - you can use copy paste command or File > Import > Processor Expert > Import Component Settings... and then change extension to .pe and select ProcessorExpert.pe from the newly created project.

best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You are right, the baud rate calculation is not correct. The problem is that the divider mentioned in your post is ignored in the baud rate calculation. The workaround is to divide the preset baud-rate with the number set to the divider in the CPU component or if you have on-board external clock, force the external clock in the boad rate selection dialog after you click the "Advanced" button to unfold the prescaler settings.

It's a bug that will be fixed for next release.

best regards

Petr Hradsky

0 Kudos
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have an got an additional update to my previous post - the problem appears only when you use older projects than the ones created in CW10.3.

The problem in the older project can be resolved by the following steps:

- create a new empty project in CodeWarrior 10.3 for the same CPU (KL05)

- In the new project configure the clock including the MCGIRCLK source

- import the CPU component with its settings from the new project into the faulty project - you can use copy paste command or File > Import > Processor Expert > Import Component Settings... and then change extension to .pe and select ProcessorExpert.pe from the newly created project.

best regards

Petr Hradsky

0 Kudos
Alberto_g
Contributor III

Thanks for your interest.

Since this issue is not crucial, I will simply keep things as they are and adjust things by hand.

Regards

0 Kudos