Track instruction causing Check machine issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track instruction causing Check machine issue

Nadiatova
Contributor I

I have a machne check issue with programm on MPC5674F​.

After a primary investigation and register values evaluation and referring to the map file and the reference manual, it's a write bus error occured due to memcpy instruction trying to write in a reserved area of the memory.

Since memcpy is wide used in the program I want to track which function called the memcpy function to know the Data/pointer causing the error? Is there any other registers I can read or Is there a specific other way using maybe map and hex file?

I hope I get a helpful answer from you. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Nadiatova 

which debugger do you have? You can check Call Stack. If you have S32 Design Studio, take a look at a screenshot in this thread:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio/where-to-see-function-call-stack/td-p/754999

If you use Trace32, then select View -> Stackframe.

This should help to find where it comes from.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

Nadiatova
Contributor I

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I'm using greenhills! the issue is once it's debugging mode the machine check exeption is never. What I'm doing to read registers is to save them in signals which I can read via Canape.

I there any registers I can read to get the call stack?

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It's not about reading of registers, it would be necessary to analyze the stack. You can take a look at "3.2.2. The Stack Frame" in attached document.

Another option is to use tracing tools if you have Nexus connector on the board or use some kind of SW method.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos