Processor Expert Support for K65

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert Support for K65

ERussell
Contributor IV

I am currently using version 10.4 of the PE Driver Suite in an Eclipse environment for both the K60 and K64 processors. I am moving to the K65 and want to know if there will be an updated version (and when) of the PE Driver Suite to support the K65 series.

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Tags (1)
9 Replies

RichardR
Contributor IV

So I just downloaded the latest Kinetis Design Studio, 3.2.0, and it does not have support for the K65 or K66 processors.  Looks to have the same support as PE 10.4 did.  How do I add support for the K65 and K66 processors in KDS 3.2?

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

this is answered in this thread

KDS3.2 Processor Expert does not support K65

Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Elizabeth,

Adding K65 is currently not planned for Driver Suite 10.4.

You can use Kinetis Design Studio v3.0.0 with IAR/Keil (external IDE's) like the driver suite, simply say you want to use IAR or Keil in the Wizard.

Or using Processor Expert for Kinetis v3.0 plugin for an existing Eclipse (e.g. Juno or Kepler) installation (not Driver Suite).

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

ERussell
Contributor IV

That's extremely disappointing. I thought I had finally gotten an integrated tool environment. For the K60 I had been using CW 10.0 - 10.5 but wasn't able to move to 10.6 because indexing kept crashing the tool. When KDS came out I understood that it wouldn't support the K60 and I also wanted to be able to use trace - which I was told isn't supported in KDS. So I opted to purchase IAR and am using the Eclipse plugin version. With the PE Driver Suite I was able to integrate all the tools into one environment and support both the K60 and the K64. Now a new product needs the speed of the K65 but I still need to support the K60 and K64.

I don't understand how to use KDS like the driver suite. Is this possible for the IAR eclipse IDE version? Is there documentation to explain this?

Or I can use a stand alone version of PE for Kinetis. I assume you can specify that the generated code is for the IAR compiler? Is there documentation available that explains how to do this? Is it then a matter of importing the generated code into the IAR eclipse tool?

It seems every time Freescale changes tools or hardware the rug is pulled out from under me.

Not the situation I was hoping for.

Thanks,

Elizabeth

PeterFromSweden
Contributor III

Hi Elizabeth

I have similar problem when upgrading to K66 and I also feel abandoned...

https://community.freescale.com/thread/357920?sr=stream

Regards

/Peter

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Peter and Elizabeth,

this article shows how you can use Keil and IAR IDE's with Kinetis Design Studio v3.0.0:

Tutorial: Using Kinetis Design Studio V3.0.0 with IAR and Keil IDE’s | MCU on Eclipse

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Elizabeth,

usage is the same as with the Driver Suite: at the end of the project creation wizard (File > New > Kinetis Project), you are asked for which compiler you would like to generate code. There you can select the IAR option. From that point, it is like in the driver suite.

I see if I can come up with a short tutorial about this.

Erich

0 Kudos

ERussell
Contributor IV

A tutorial would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Elizabeth

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Elizabeth

PE Driver Suite 10.4 currently doesn't support K65.

to work with K65, please use CW10.6.4 or KDS:

CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers-Eclipse IDE|Freescale

Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |Freescale

can this help?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos