cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Targets and PE

Jump to solution
Jeinstei
Contributor II

Is there an easy way to manage build/debug configurations when adding CPUs in PE? We want to be able to easily switch between our target and the TWR kits, but it looks like PE doesn't automatically add Debug and Build configurations. Any tips?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joshua,

Maybe I have misunderstood your question?

In any case: to manage build configurations, use the menu Project > Build Configurations > Manage.

The output folder is controlled by the build tool settings (Project > Properties > C/C++ build > Builder Settings > Build Location.

If it is about to tie Processor Expert configurations to Eclipse Build configurations: I think this is possible, but I have not used it like this.

Hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, you can do this. Simply add your Debug build configuration.

On the PE side, there are configurations as well (you can add a configuration, and then disable/enable components for it.

0 Kudos
Jeinstei
Contributor II

Erich-

So does adding a CPU in PE automatically add a build configuration? I didn't notice it doing that on our systems, but has that changed in the 10.3 beta?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joshua,

no, you need to add a configuration for it. See Configurations with Processor Expert | MCU on Eclipse.

Hope this helps,

Erich

Jeinstei
Contributor II

Erich- I understand this. But I am wondering about the higher (lower?) level eclipse build configurations, such as PK40X256_INTERNAL_FLASH. These are separate from the PE configurations, and are where files are pulled from for the Debug configurations. PE can be set to use a K10, and still have all it's object files pushed to a K40 build configuration at a higher level.

It makes sense to have these decoupled for code generation, but it would be nice to have an option in the PE configurations to "Generate a CW build configuration for this PE configuration"

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joshua,

Maybe I have misunderstood your question?

In any case: to manage build configurations, use the menu Project > Build Configurations > Manage.

The output folder is controlled by the build tool settings (Project > Properties > C/C++ build > Builder Settings > Build Location.

If it is about to tie Processor Expert configurations to Eclipse Build configurations: I think this is possible, but I have not used it like this.

Hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
talktrn
Contributor I

I am using KDS 3.2.0 for K10.  Have been trying to tie the PE Generator_Configuration to the Eclipse Build Configuration, i.e., PE has RAM and FLASH configs.  But I want also to have different Build Configs that select different PE configs, having trouble with that.  Oddly the PE beans get correctly selected (one of two CPU configs), but the RAM/FLASH config does not follow the Eclipse Build config at all.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Jeinstei
Contributor II

Thanks Erich. I guess the answer is: maybe then.

Thanks for the help! We'll try to work something out on our end then.

0 Kudos