Adding External Bus for K64

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding External Bus for K64

ERussell
Contributor IV

I am trying to create a Kinetis K64 project based on a Kinetis K60 project which should be a fairly trivial change. The K60 project was created in CW 10.5 using PE. I am now using the IAR Eclipse plugin along with the PE plugin. I have been able to import my K60 project and build and run it. Now I would like to change the processor. I have created a new project with the K64 processor component but am unable to figure out how to add the external bus. In the K60 project under CW and PE the external bus was enabled from the processor component, but this option doesn't appear in the Eclipse PE version. How is an external bus enabled? Is there a more straight forward way to only change the processor component? I realize I can copy and paste other components from one project to another.

Thanks,

Elizabeth

1 Reply

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,
The CPU component of K64 derivatives does not contains the External Bus device (FlexBus). The FlexBus device can be configured by using Init_FB component.
To enable External bus the Init_FB component must be added into the PEx project, see the attached screenshot (K64 CPU and Init_FB.GIF).

Best Regards,
Marek Neuzil

K64 CPU and Init_FB.GIF.gif