cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC Differential Pins

Jump to solution
KBell
Contributor I

I am configuring the Init_ADC component. I wish to assign Channel 0 to use ADC0_DP0 as a single-ended input, and assign Channel 19 to use the ADC0_DM0 input. PE complains that both Channel 0 and 19 are using ADC0_DM0, but I don't see a way to specify Channel 0 to be single-ended and/or to deselect the minus differential pin assignment. What am I missing? Or can the pins not be used in this way? [using CodeWarrior 10.2; Processor Expert 5.3.0; Kinetis K60]

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

I have reproduce it. To avoid reporting the error by the Init_ADC omponent right click on the channel 19 pin and allow pin sharing. Details are in the attachement.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

I have reproduce it. To avoid reporting the error by the Init_ADC omponent right click on the channel 19 pin and allow pin sharing. Details are in the attachement.

best regards
Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos
KBell
Contributor I

Thank you. Yes that gets rid of the error message and allows PE to generate the code. But by enabling "pin sharing" am I actually changing the initialization code, or am I just telling PE not to consider this an error? It still 'feels' incorrect to say I'm assigning the pin as the negative differential signal when in fact I'm not using it that way. Perhaps an opportunity for improvement...

0 Kudos
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

the sharing feature have no influence on the generated code in this case. If you want to be sure, you can check the "history of generated code" - for more details please see the attached screen-shot.

The sharing only allows pin allocation and the user is responsible for appropriate initialization. You can for example use now the single ended mode or if you change the init. code you can use differential mode.

However I have passed your comment to developers to consider improvement.

best regards
Vojtech Filip