Questions related to 'FRDMPKPT2000EVM' evaluation board and 'KITUSBSPIDGLEVME' tool

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Questions related to 'FRDMPKPT2000EVM' evaluation board and 'KITUSBSPIDGLEVME' tool

303 次查看
Doublemint
Contributor II

Dear NXP TechSupport

I have purchased both pieces of hardware described in the title and have had some confusion while using them, here are my questions.

1.We know that the VCCP pin needs an external 7V power supply when the VSUP power supply pin voltage is higher than 18V.

But the FRDMPKPT2000EVM guide says that voltages from 12V to 36V can be connected.

Doublemint_0-1713756130305.png

I have looked at the gerber files for this board and there is no external voltage connected.Why does it work properly?

2.Following the FRDMPKPT2000EVM guide document, I downloaded the sample code in the case.

Doublemint_1-1713756564297.png

After I loaded the file into S32 design studio, I found a lot of errors. Are these custom content for me to fill in?

Doublemint_2-1713757592917.png

So I want to ask if I need to modify all the codes in the scr folder to make the evaluation board work properly? I'm a programming geek, can I use the code file generated by PT2000 dev studio to directly replace the content in the example code?

3.FRDMPKPT2000EVM evaluation board does not support the SPIGEN program because the MCU it is paired with is FRDMPK144-Q100. So I purchased KITUSBSPIDGLEVME tools separately and made a PCB board to implement this function.

But I failed. I want to describe the situation to you and you can help me determine what went wrong.

1) I generated and built code using this software PT2000 dev studio.

Doublemint_3-1713759320807.png

2)Then I clicked the ‘Launch SPIGEN’ button to activate SPIGEN and configure the SPI transmission mode.

Doublemint_4-1713759542771.jpeg

3)I used Dupont wires to connect the SPI related four pins on the 'KITUSBSPIDGLEVME' tool to the corresponding SPI pins of the 'MC33PT2000AF' chip on the PCB.

But as can be seen from the picture above, the SPI download process failed.

Doublemint_5-1713760199859.png

4)I used an oscilloscope to test the four pins related to SPI. The CSB, MOSI, and SCLK signals were normal, but there was no signal on MISO.

5)After testing, all power supply pins are normal. When writing the program using the SPI-USB tool, I provided high levels to the DRVEEN and RESETB pins. DBG pin is set to Not connect. A 1MHz clock is provided on the CLK pin. The IRBQ pin is not connected to the MCU.

Is it because these pins are connected incorrectly that the program cannot be written normally?

I would like to thank you in advance for seeing my question. Because I have submitted a technical support application to Mouser Electronics, the agent for the product I purchased, but there is still no news. I've described my testing process in as much detail as I can, and I hope you can help me figure it out. I really don't know where to go to solve these problems of mine, thank you.

With Best Regards,

Doublemint

标签 (1)
0 项奖励
回复
1 回复

274 次查看
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Junyao,

yes, the FRDMPKPT2000EVM can withstand voltage on the VSUPP up to 36V, but the recommended power supply is still 12V. Therefore please do not connect the voltage higher than 18V to the VSUPP.

JozefKozon_0-1713850201686.png

You mentioned, that you are using the FRDMPK144-Q100 EVB. Have you followed the section 6. in the User Manual? Do you see the removable drive on your PC, when you connect the FRDMPK144-Q100? 

JozefKozon_1-1713850418328.png

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 项奖励
回复