cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ubuntu 9.10, ./ltib fail.. for MPC8379E

Jump to solution
xbrown93
Contributor I

I'm trying to setup development environment for MPC8379E.

first, I installed Ubuntu 9.10 on my PC.

and I downloaded MPC837XE-RDB-20081113.iso

I ran "install" like below

$ cd ~

$ /media/cdrom0/ltib-mpc8379xe-rdb/install

~/ltib-mpc8379xerdb-20081113 is successfully made.

$ cp ltib-mpc8379xerdb-20081113 ltib-mpc8379xerdb-20081113-small -a

$ cd ltib-mpc8379xerdb-20081113-small

and i comment the rpm-build line of the ltib file.  and then I do like below

$ ./ltib

sometimes later, an error message in host_config.log shows like below

/tmp/rpm-jylee/BUILD/rpm-4.0.4
+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-compress
+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-strip
+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-strip-static-archive
+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-strip-comment-note
Processing files: rpm-fs-4.0.4-1.i686
unknown, 0: Warning: using regular magic file `/etc/magic'
Provides: libbeecrypt.so.2 libpopt.so.0 librpm-4.0.4.so librpmbuild-4.0.4.so librpmdb-4.0.4.so librpmio-4.0.4.so libtool(/opt/freescale/ltib/usr/lib/libbeecrypt.la) libtool(/opt/freescale/ltib/usr/lib/libpopt.la) libtool(/opt/freescale/ltib/usr/lib/librpm.la) libtool(/opt/freescale/ltib/usr/lib/librpmbuild.la) libtool(/opt/freescale/ltib/usr/lib/librpmdb.la) libtool(/opt/freescale/ltib/usr/lib/librpmio.la) perl(RPM::smileyfrustrated:pecfile) = 1.02
Requires(interp): /bin/sh
Requires(rpmlib): rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1 rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1 rpmlib(VersionedDependencies) <= 3.0.3-1
Requires(post): /bin/sh
Requires: /bin/bash /bin/sh /usr/bin/perl libc.so.6 libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.3) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.2) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4) libpopt.so.0 libpthread.so.0 libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.0) libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.2) libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.3.2) librpm-4.0.4.so librpmbuild-4.0.4.so librpmdb-4.0.4.so librpmio-4.0.4.so librt.so.1 librt.so.1(GLIBC_2.1) libz.so.1 perl(Archive::Tar) perl(CGI) perl(Data::smileyvery-happy:umper) perl(File::Basename) perl(File::Copy) perl(File::stat) perl(Getopt::Long) perl(POSIX) perl(Specfile) perl(Sys::Hostname) perl(lib) perl(strict) perl(vars)
Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files /tmp/rpm-jylee/BUILDROOT/rpm-fs-4.0.4-1.i386
Wrote: /tmp/rpm-jylee/RPMS/i686/rpm-fs-4.0.4-1.i686.rpm
Executing(%clean): /bin/sh -e /home/jylee/ltib-mpc837xerdb-20081113-small/tmp/rpm-tmp.E71AOz
+ umask 022
+ cd /tmp/rpm-jylee/BUILD
+ cd rpm-4.0.4
+ rm -rf /tmp/rpm-jylee/BUILDROOT/rpm-fs-4.0.4-1.i386
+ exit 0
Executing(--clean): /bin/sh -e /home/jylee/ltib-mpc837xerdb-20081113-small/tmp/rpm-tmp.901LnT
+ umask 022
+ cd /tmp/rpm-jylee/BUILD
+ rm -rf rpm-4.0.4
+ exit 0
Build time for rpm-fs: 879 seconds

error: cannot open Name index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
error: cannot open Name index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
sudo rpm --root / --dbpath /tmp/rpm-jylee/rpmdb -e --allmatches --nodeps --define '_tmppath /home/jylee/ltib-mpc837xerdb-20081113-small/tmp' rpm-fs 2>/dev/null
sudo rpm --root / --dbpath /tmp/rpm-jylee/rpmdb --ignorearch -ivh --force --nodeps --excludedocs --define '_tmppath /home/jylee/ltib-mpc837xerdb-20081113-small/tmp' /tmp/rpm-jylee/RPMS/i686/rpm-fs-4.0.4-1.i686.rpm
rpm: please use alien to install rpm packages on Debian, if you are really sure use --force-debian switch. See README.Debian for more details.
sudo /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/bin/rpm --root / --dbpath /opt/freescale/ltib/var/lib/rpm -Uv --justdb --notriggers --noscripts --nodeps /tmp/rpm-jylee/RPMS/i686/rpm-fs-4.0.4-1.i686.rpm
sudo: /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/bin/rpm: command not found
mkdir: cannot create directory `/opt/freescale': Permission denied

Cannot create the download directory:
 /opt/freescale/pkgs

Either change to a global directory you have write permissions to,
or create it as root.  Please set the permissions to 777

traceback:
 main::check_dirs:2402
  main::host_checks:1362
   main:530

Started: Mon Nov 16 10:02:20 2009
Ended:   Mon Nov 16 10:17:22 2009
Elapsed: 902 seconds

Build Failed

what can i do for it?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Reky
Contributor II

hi

just check the error messages (from your log):

"sudo: /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/bin/rpm: command not found"

===> ... because it is not there...

"mkdir: cannot create directory `/opt/freescale': Permission denied"

===> means that your user has no permission on writing in /opt

"Cannot create the download directory:
 /opt/freescale/pkgs"

===> because the parent doesn't exist (as above mentiones)

"Either change to a global directory you have write permissions to,
or create it as root.  Please set the permissions to 777"

===> ... the advice LTIB gives you to overcomme this issue

so, the quick solution is:

chmod 777 /opt

and call  ./ltib again.

in addition, check if your user is in sudo list

Note that working on a new installed Linux based OS, you have all the chances to encounter other issues related to the "needed on host" packages.Carefully read the logs and error messages and proceed as sugested.

all the best!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Reky
Contributor II

hi

just check the error messages (from your log):

"sudo: /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/bin/rpm: command not found"

===> ... because it is not there...

"mkdir: cannot create directory `/opt/freescale': Permission denied"

===> means that your user has no permission on writing in /opt

"Cannot create the download directory:
 /opt/freescale/pkgs"

===> because the parent doesn't exist (as above mentiones)

"Either change to a global directory you have write permissions to,
or create it as root.  Please set the permissions to 777"

===> ... the advice LTIB gives you to overcomme this issue

so, the quick solution is:

chmod 777 /opt

and call  ./ltib again.

in addition, check if your user is in sudo list

Note that working on a new installed Linux based OS, you have all the chances to encounter other issues related to the "needed on host" packages.Carefully read the logs and error messages and proceed as sugested.

all the best!

0 Kudos
AshishAgarwal
Contributor III

hello all 

LTIB install process requires the normal user login.

but some of its process cannot be completed without the SUper User (root) login permission. (logically)

For the process bounded by the normal user login we have to perform the task as below:

1. Login as normal user <freescale>  {assume your normal user name is freescale}

2. run Terminal.

3. su - 

4. Enter your root password.

5. sudo /usr/sbin/visudo

6. a file will open in an editor mode, please add the line below to this file.

freescale ALL=NOPASSWD:     ALL

(where freescale is your normal user name).

Add this line to the position where the below lines were found :

#User priviledge specifications

root     ALL=(ALL)     ALL

-------------------

after addition it will become to

------------------

#User priviledge specifications

root     ALL=(ALL)     ALL

freescale ALL=NOPASSWD:     ALL

7. save and exit the editor.

8. "exit" command will exit the super user login.

9. Reboot is neccessary for this process may take effect."reboot"

10. now you can do ./install or ./ltib without such hackles.

--

Ashish Agarwal

I wrote for myself, somehow it will make others happy.

0 Kudos
robetaynguyen
Contributor I

Hi,

I got the same problem and exactly follow the above instruction of you guys but can not get it worked.

sudo /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/bin/rpm --root / --dbpath /opt/freescale/ltib/var/lib/rpm -Uv --justdb --notriggers --noscripts --nodeps /tmp/rpm-quocnh/RPMS/i686/rpm-fs-4.0.4-1.i686.rpmerror: failed to stat /home/quocnh/.gvfs: Permission deniedPreparing packages for installation...mkdir: cannot create directory `/opt': Permission deniedCannot create the download directory: /opt/freescale/pkgsEither change to a global directory you have write permissions to,or create it as root.  Please set the permissions to 777traceback: main::check_dirs:2470  main::host_checks:1426   main:542Started: Tue Apr 20 13:42:46 2010Ended:   Tue Apr 20 13:45:17 2010Elapsed: 151 seconds

I realize that, after I use  chmod 777 directory_name, and run ./ltib, the permission of accessing those directories is reset. I guess that there are some command inside ltib do initialize the setting of permission in run time. Any suggestion for resolving the problem are highly appriciate.

Quoc

0 Kudos
Reky
Contributor II

Hi,

"sudo /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/bin/rpm" --> "Cannot create the download directory: /opt/freescale/pkgs"

Probably you've somehow ignored the sudo related message. Your user should be in the sudoers group for rpm cmd.

edit /etc/sudoers or use /usr/sbin/visudo and add the following line to that file:

<username> ALL =  NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/rpm, /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/bin/rpm

where <username> is (ofcourse) the user name you are using while building ltib.

All the best!

0 Kudos
robetaynguyen
Contributor I

Dear Reky, I did follow your instruction and my sudoers like this:

# /etc/sudoers## This file MUST be edited with the 'visudo' command as root.## See the man page for details on how to write a sudoers file.#Defaults        env_reset# Host alias specification# User alias specification# Cmnd alias specification# User privilege specificationroot    ALL=(ALL) ALLfreescale ALL=NOPASSWD:     ALLquocnh ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/rpm, /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/bin/rpm# Uncomment to allow members of group sudo to not need a password# (Note that later entries override this, so you might need to move# it further down)# %sudo ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL# Members of the admin group may gain root privileges%admin ALL=(ALL) ALL

But the problems is still remained:

error: cannot open Name index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)error: cannot open Name index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)sudo rpm --force-debian --root / --dbpath /tmp/rpm-quocnh/rpmdb -e --allmatches --nodeps --define '_tmppath /media/Data/Quoc/Embedded_Sys/uClinux_OS/ltib/tmp' rpm-fs 2>/dev/nullsudo rpm --force-debian --root / --dbpath /tmp/rpm-quocnh/rpmdb --ignorearch -ivh --force --nodeps --excludedocs --define '_tmppath /media/Data/Quoc/Embedded_Sys/uClinux_OS/ltib/tmp' /tmp/rpm-quocnh/RPMS/i686/rpm-fs-4.0.4-1.i686.rpmPreparing...                ##################################################rpm-fs                      ##################################################sudo /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/bin/rpm --root / --dbpath /opt/freescale/ltib/var/lib/rpm -Uv --justdb --notriggers --noscripts --nodeps /tmp/rpm-quocnh/RPMS/i686/rpm-fs-4.0.4-1.i686.rpmerror: failed to stat /home/quocnh/.gvfs: Permission deniedPreparing packages for installation...mkdir: cannot create directory `/opt': Permission deniedCannot create the download directory: /opt/freescale/pkgsEither change to a global directory you have write permissions to,or create it as root.  Please set the permissions to 777traceback: main::check_dirs:2470  main::host_checks:1426   main:542Started: Wed Apr 28 15:07:54 2010Ended:   Wed Apr 28 15:10:27 2010Elapsed: 153 seconds

Do you have any ideas on that ?

0 Kudos
AshishAgarwal
Contributor III

Hello

i think you made a littile mistake in /etc/sudoers

freescale ALL=NOPASSWD:     ALL
quocnh ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/rpm, /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/bin/rpm

What is your normal user name is it "quocnh" ?

So you have to chnage the "freescale" to your normal user name. like below.

As i already told you that freescale is an example only..    :smileytongue:

then the next line custom rights will not be needed .

and yes as root change the

root# chmod -R 777  /opt/freescale.

quocnh ALL=NOPASSWD:     ALL
# quocnh ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/rpm, /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/bin/rpm
0 Kudos
Reky
Contributor II

"freescale ALL=NOPASSWD:     ALL"      <=>     "Let user named 'freescale' to have access/to execute everything that root owns, through sudo and don't ask for password"

"quocnh ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/rpm, /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/bin/rpm"<=>     "Let user named 'quocnh' to have access/to execute /usr/bin/rpm and /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/bin/rpm, through sudo and don't ask for password"

There was no mistake in his script. Just the fact that the line for user freescale has no effect since he doesn't have (i hope for sys security...) a user named freescale. Actually, i doubt that a statement as "<ltib_user> ALL=NOPASSWD:     ALL" is accepted by LTIB without using a 'nocheck' option while running.

The logic: we provide this implementation for sudoers setup for proper security maintaining. So, the user that develops on certain machine, doesn't need a root account. He needs access only for rpm tools for proper package management. Since LTIB has a lot of host OS dependencies, the need for OS protection is even bigger.

0 Kudos
robetaynguyen
Contributor I

Thank you you alls for your replies. I overcomed it by running ./ltib in root after using sudo -s eventhough they don't recommend me to run in this mode. The configuration process was stoped with another errors as follow:

Build path taken because: no prebuilt rpm, Testing network connectivityOK GPP: Try pme_priv-1.0.0-a9.tar.gz.md5 from the GPPhttp://bitshrine.org/gpp/pme_priv-1.0.0-a9.tar.gz.md5:11:48:32 ERROR 404: Not Found.Try pme_priv-1.0.0-a9.tar.gz from the GPPhttp://bitshrine.org/gpp/pme_priv-1.0.0-a9.tar.gz:11:48:32 ERROR 404: Not Found.Can't get: pme_priv-1.0.0-a9.tar.gz at ./ltib line 790.Died at ./ltib line 1380.traceback: main::build_host_rpms:1380  main::host_checks:1435   main:542Started: Thu Apr 29 11:48:23 2010Ended:   Thu Apr 29 11:48:32 2010Elapsed: 9 secondsThese packages failed to build:pme_priv

It sounds there's a missing package on the provided site or the package pme_priv is no longer exist. Any suggestion to help me overcome this?

Thank you a million :smileyindifferent:

0 Kudos
Prashant_
Contributor I

I am also getting the same problem as listed.

/START***********************************************************/

Processing: pme_priv

======================

Build path taken because: no prebuilt rpm, 

Try pme_priv-1.0.0-a9.tar.gz.md5 from the GPP

http://bitshrine.org/gpp/pme_priv-1.0.0-a9.tar.gz.md5:

16:16:31ERROR 404: Not Found.

Try pme_priv-1.0.0-a9.tar.gz from the GPP

http://bitshrine.org/gpp/pme_priv-1.0.0-a9.tar.gz:

16:16:33 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Can't get: pme_priv-1.0.0-a9.tar.gz at ./ltib line 790.

Died at ./ltib line 1380.traceback: main:

:build_host_rpms:1380

main::host_checks

:1435

main:542

/***********************************************************END/Does anybody have found the solution for it?  

Thanks for helpPrashant.

0 Kudos
qwerty
Contributor I

I am getting this same missing package while trying to build the MPC8306 BSP through LTIB.

Was there ever a solution to these missing packages? I know others can circumvented this by finding the packages elsewhere, but this one doesn't seem to be generally available.

Thanks,

Quinn.

0 Kudos
Reky
Contributor II

Hi,

Who is the owner and what are the rights on /opt/freescale directory?

This situation might happen if (eg.) you've formerly installed a CodeWarrior as root. I think the toolchain is stored in /opt/freescale/usr/local...

If the owner is root and the rights are 732, just "chmod 777 /opt/freescale" to make it work.

0 Kudos