显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Programming MPC8308

158 次查看
tsn6081
Contributor II

All,

We are presently running Code Warrior for Power Architecture V8.8 to program the above-mentioned part on Win 7 PC. We need to move this to a Win 10/11 PC for security purposes. I believe I purchased a license in 2017/2018 to complete this task. I would just move the license to new PC but it's being used on the floor to test production boards and cannot being broken down until new PC and fixture is up and running.  

My basic question is what are my available options of programming suites for this processor in 2024 that will run on Win 10/11 PC? Also, what license options do I have and will a full license have to be purchased?

Regards,

Tim Nageotte, Milwaukee Electronics Corp.

5 回复数

16 次查看
LFGP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Tim, unfortunately there aren't and will not be new alternatives to program the MPC8308 other than using the CW V8.8, but, it can be installed on Win10.it's necessary to install the patch "Software Patch: CW PA v8.8.6 Windows - Patch".

the attached file has the steps to get the patch, 

Note: please try it before purchase any license 

0 项奖励
回复

133 次查看
LFGP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

please use the next link to get detailed info about the 

CodeWarrior® Development Suites for Networked Applications

https://www.nxp.com/design/design-center/software/development-software/codewarrior-development-tools...

please review the video "how to move your license" at the end of the web page

finally use the next link to get the license,

https://www.nxp.com/design/design-center/software/development-software/codewarrior-development-tools...

I suggest to download the free trail version in order to be sure that the version works ok for your targets. 

This Codewarrior version is not supported on Windows 11

0 项奖励
回复

43 次查看
tsn6081
Contributor II

Team,

Please again read my mail above, I've been to the buy now options page and it's not clear what software works on what operating system or for how long. What is software package is your suggestion for programming the legacy Power QUICC MPC8308 Processor with a node-locked license long term on 1 PC?? Please advise.

Regards,
Tim Nageotte

0 项奖励
回复

126 次查看
tsn6081
Contributor II
Team,

Thanks for the response and I will review those links, my future issue now will be Win 11. If the below links will not work on Win11, what alternative Sofware do you offer that will program this part for the foreseeable future or is this becoming obsolete? Is there any software you offer that can easily program the legacy Power QUICC MPC8308 Processor without all the emulation/debugger additions? Please advise.

Regards,

​Timothy Nageotte
Sr. Test Engineer
Milwaukee Electronics Corp.
5855 N. Glen Park Road, Milwaukee, WI 53209
Main: 414-228-5000
Direct: 414-228-5568
TNageotte@MilwaukeeElectronics.com
0 项奖励
回复

45 次查看
tsn6081
Contributor II
Team,

Please again read my mail above, I've been to the buy now options page and it's not clear what software works on what operating system or for how long. What is software package is your suggestion for programming the legacy Power QUICC MPC8308 Processor with a node-locked license long term on 1 PC?? Please advise.

Regards,
Tim Nageotte
0 项奖励
回复