cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI controller configuration in mpc8309

mdmuazzam
Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to access PCI controller in mpc8309 twr board. So According to docs given by freescale i have enabled the kernel configuration for PCI controller.After that if i check status of PCI through lspci command,then

root@mpc8309twr root]# lspci -vv
00:00.0 Class 0b20: 1957:c011 (rev 11)
Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
Status: Cap+ 66Mhz+ UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort+ >SERR- <PERR-
Latency: 128, cache line size 08
Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 0
Region 2: Memory at <unassigned> (64-bit, prefetchable)
Region 4: Memory at <unassigned> (64-bit, non-prefetchable)
Capabilities: [48] #06 [0000]

I dont understand why Memory at < unassigned > shows.

do we have to give address of PCI in 8309_init.cfg file .

it contains.

# PCI Local Access Windows
#################################
# WINDOW 0
#writemem.l 0xe0000060 0x80000000 # PCILAWBAR0 - begining at 0x80000000
#writemem.l 0xe0000064 0x8000001c # PCILAWAR0 - enable, size = 512MB

this is not enabled .... so do we have to enable it.

thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The "8309_init.cfg" file supplied as a part of TWR linux BSP image is not related to Linux BSP, this file is for our CodeWarrior, to connect debugger to "bare" board, upload standalone applications to the board and run these applications under debugger control. This file is not related to Linux BSP and, therefore - does not need to be modified.

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos